Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Dyna Beads for Balancing?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2011, 07:16 AM   #1
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Dyna Beads for Balancing?

Anybody tried these?

Read some reviews from ppl that have had trouble balancing tires and these things worked like a charm.

Just wondering if anyone on here has tried them.

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/gallery1.htm

http://www.yotatech.com/f105/dyna-be...od-stuff-56627

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq263AYgyYg
Old 05-17-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
I use them in my motorcycle tires, they work great. I haven't tried the truck though.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:26 AM   #3
SPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
SPORT's Tacoma Gallery
The only negative I've heard is in relation to motorcycles on the track. It seems that when a bike is leaned that far over the beads mess with balance in a negative way. I think it was also tied to the amount of sideward motion from 'flicking' a bike from corner to corner. Beads moved around too much.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:27 AM   #4
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
so.... just dump a bag of airsoft bbs into your tires and call it good
Old 05-17-2011, 07:28 AM   #5
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
BB's will rust with moisture. These are ceramic.

Seems to be a lot of motorcycle riders using them. I had a hard time balancing my tires on my truck and wondered if these would have fixed it.

Just seeing if anybody on here has used them.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:34 AM   #6
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
airsoft bbs are plastic, besides it was a joke
Old 05-17-2011, 10:56 AM   #7
brs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura about
brs127s's Tacoma Gallery
I run them in my motorcycle tires with no issues.

When I worked as a tire thumper in college, we used Equi-balance for over the road tractors. We also had some high end cars (Porches and Vettes) that we used it in the tires and never had a problem.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #8
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Bump... Anyone have any experience with these on their trucks?
Old 09-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #9
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: High Speed, Low Drag
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWaldz View Post
Bump... Anyone have any experience with these on their trucks?
I used these in the tires on my F250. I sold it for my current taco. They were in 285/65 R20 BFG A/T KO. I ran no weight on the rims and had (I think) 1.5 oz in ea. tire. Dyna Beads website has a tire size calculator with recommended weights by size. They are super easy to install but one thing you must make sure is there is no liquid inside the tire. I put them in when the tires were placed on the rim new and explained the importance of this fact to my mechanic. He put tires on with very little bead lube and ensured no liquid inside before sealing the bead. This is a crucial. They are a great product.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #10
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco47001 View Post
I used these in the tires on my F250. I sold it for my current taco. They were in 285/65 R20 BFG A/T KO. I ran no weight on the rims and had (I think) 1.5 oz in ea. tire. Dyna Beads website has a tire size calculator with recommended weights by size. They are super easy to install but one thing you must make sure is there is no liquid inside the tire. I put them in when the tires were placed on the rim new and explained the importance of this fact to my mechanic. He put tires on with very little bead lube and ensured no liquid inside before sealing the bead. This is a crucial. They are a great product.
just had them in my taco, they sucked.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:49 AM   #11
Rubber Side Down
Glocker23 is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Glocker23's Tacoma Gallery
Use them in my bike. Love it.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:58 AM   #12
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Have you done any research on EQUAL?

We used EQUAL on our Jeep (35" M/T's) and it worked great.

I will mention... You probably can't use this stuff with your TPMS.
A shop will put new valve stems in that has a tiny filter screen.
Technically, you can go without that and just be careful when you air-up or air-down. I don't know how this will affect the TPMS, but I'm pretty sure it's not good for it.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:00 AM   #13
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Have you done any research on EQUAL?

We used EQUAL on our Jeep (35" M/T's) and it worked great.

I will mention... You probably can't use this stuff with your TPMS.
A shop will put new valve stems in that has a tiny filter screen.
Technically, you can go without that and just be careful when you air-up or air-down. I don't know how this will affect the TPMS, but I'm pretty sure it's not good for it.
equal sucks too. clumps in about a week, then youre fucked and have to have it taken out. also doesnt work well with airing down/back up, as the sand blows right out of the "filtered" stems. weights are still the best IMO, especially where our trucks are so sensitive to steering wheel vibes.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #14
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
equal sucks too. clumps in about a week, then youre fucked and have to have it taken out. also doesnt work well with airing down/back up, as the sand blows right out of the "filtered" stems. weights are still the best IMO, especially where our trucks are so sensitive to steering wheel vibes.
I had EQUAL in my jeep for atleast 2 years ( the same stuff) and never had any issues with clumping. And it ran great on the highway at 70mph. Clumping is usually from moisture getting inside the tire. Sounds like you kept getting moisture in the tire somehow. Who installed the stuff for you?

I actually ran with regular stems because my automatic tire deflatirs wouldn't work with the screened stems. I never lost that much while airing down and never had to add more from that.

I wouldn't use it on the truck because of the TPMS. But if I ever ran 33" or 35" tires again, I would use it.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #15
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: High Speed, Low Drag
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just had them in my taco, they sucked.
Quote:
IMO it sounds like whoever put them in, did you a severe disservice. Or maybe they were put in through your valve stem with the bottle and tube? Sounds to me maybe you had liquid inside your tires from mounting....IMO.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #16
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard enough mixed reviews on beads and other products that I wouldn't go near it except for off road use or as an extreme last resort for a stubborn tire. There are threads like this on just about every auto or motorcycle forum and for every good review, there's a bad one. I don't doubt that they can and do work for some but I'd rather stick with traditional balancing and, as Janster mentioned, wouldn't put them in a tire with TPMS.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #17
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered five 6oz bags and 5 filtered valve stems. Ill be using them with a set of maxxis bighorns in 255/85/16 on a set of first gen Tacoma alloy wheels. Spare will be on a second gen sr5 steel wheel. None of them will have tpms.

Ill let you guys know what I think of them. They will not be my primary tires. I will use them for wheeling and depending on gas mileage with them, maybe long trips. My normal everyday tires will continue to be my 265/70/17 duratracs until I wear them out.

Update:

I had my tires mounted over the weekend and asked to help the tech to make sure the beads were done right. I had already used a few rags to clean the inside of the tires as well as the bead area, and when we took the old tires off I wiped down the wheels as well. The tech put lube on the beads of the tire, and slipped one side on, then I poured the beads in on the opposite side from the valve. He then finished installing the tire. We replaced the valve stems and used the filtered valve cores.

We were both very skeptical but when we took it for a test ride it was smooth as butter... As far as m/ts go. So far I've put a little over 100 miles on them and they still feel perfectly balanced.