LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Any ideas how to find/make this?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
SoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
SoCalRoadie's Tacoma Gallery
Any ideas how to find/make this?

I really like the look of the 17" TRD Tundra Rims:

http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...&parts_id=2358

But since they are 5 lug I cant just bolt them on. Does anyone have any ideas on how to find/modify existing 6 lug rims to match that TRD look? I'm ok with painting, powder coating, etc...

The center caps can be bought from sparks so thats easy. I just need to find a double 6 spoke with simu-locks. Isn't there a company that modifies non-bead lock rims into bead lock or simu-lock?

Thanks in advance!

Jim
Old 05-17-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRoadie View Post
I really like the look of the 17" TRD Tundra Rims:

http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...&parts_id=2358

But since they are 5 lug I cant just bolt them on. Does anyone have any ideas on how to find/modify existing 6 lug rims to match that TRD look? I'm ok with painting, powder coating, etc...

The center caps can be bought from sparks so thats easy. I just need to find a double 6 spoke with simu-locks. Isn't there a company that modifies non-bead lock rims into bead lock or simu-lock?

Thanks in advance!

Jim
How about the wheels from the TX-pro?

or you coud buy a 6 lug to 5 lug wheel adapter.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
SoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
SoCalRoadie's Tacoma Gallery
The TX wheels have a more forked spoke. I was hoping for parallel spokes like the Tundra wheels.

I thought about adapting but the Tundra rims are 6.5" bs. So after adapters it's still 5.5-5" bs. Since I plan on running aftermarket tires in a larger size it's probably not going to work.

Thanks anyway for the input!

Jim