Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheels and Tires?

Reply
 
* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
Junior Member
herewego311 is on a distinguished road
 
herewego311's Avatar
Name: Chad
Joined: Mar 2011, #53398
Location: San Diego
Gender: Male
Posts: 9
herewego311's Tacoma Gallery
Wheels and Tires?

I have a friend at ProComp who is getting me a hookup on wheels and tires.

I have a 2011 TRD Sport and would like to get some info on what wheel and tire specs I should look into for occasional off roading, but mainly highway driving.

I like these wheels:

http://www.procompusa.com/prodDetail...73&plID=101922

but Im not sure if they are the right specs.

How about tires?

http://www.procompusa.com/prodDetail...0806&plID=3357

Any help would be appreciated for a new truck owner. Thank you.
Chad
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
Senior Member
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
rcbs204's Avatar
Joined: Oct 2009, #23681
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,690
rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by herewego311 View Post
I have a friend at ProComp who is getting me a hookup on wheels and tires.

I have a 2011 TRD Sport and would like to get some info on what wheel and tire specs I should look into for occasional off roading, but mainly highway driving.

I like these wheels:

http://www.procompusa.com/prodDetail...73&plID=101922

but Im not sure if they are the right specs.

How about tires?

http://www.procompusa.com/prodDetail...0806&plID=3357

Any help would be appreciated for a new truck owner. Thank you.
Chad
Looks like it should be fine, at least they are not black. I am over the black wheels.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
KPT KPT is offline
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
KPT's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2009, #22227
Gender: Male
Posts: 32,404
KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Some 16's contact the brake caliper. Make sure that those won't, or tell them you want to test-fit them before buying...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:50 PM   #5
Junior Member
herewego311 is on a distinguished road
 
herewego311's Avatar
Name: Chad
Joined: Mar 2011, #53398
Location: San Diego
Gender: Male
Posts: 9
herewego311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Some 16's contact the brake caliper. Make sure that those won't, or tell them you want to test-fit them before buying...
Is there a way to confirm with the wheel measurements? Specific measurements that are known to hit the caliper?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #6
Senior Member
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
pudge151's Avatar
Name: Sean
Joined: Apr 2010, #34558
Location: Connecticut
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,004
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
99% of peeps here will tell you to get black rims. im not sure what color your truck is but i do like the black on black look and on white trrucks too.

i really like gunmetal or something like that (dark grey) on some of the trucks too, i want to paint mine gunmetal when i need to or get a chance to. not sure what procomp has in that color.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:53 PM   #7
KPT KPT is offline
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
KPT's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2009, #22227
Gender: Male
Posts: 32,404
KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by herewego311 View Post
Is there a way to confirm with the wheel measurements? Specific measurements that are known to hit the caliper?
No it's specific brands/models....the specs you posted are good, but these type of wheels still may hit the caliper. It's hit or miss.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:20 PM   #8
Junior Member
herewego311 is on a distinguished road
 
herewego311's Avatar
Name: Chad
Joined: Mar 2011, #53398
Location: San Diego
Gender: Male
Posts: 9
herewego311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
No it's specific brands/models....the specs you posted are good, but these type of wheels still may hit the caliper. It's hit or miss.
Ok thanks for your input!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:20 PM   #9
Junior Member
herewego311 is on a distinguished road
 
herewego311's Avatar
Name: Chad
Joined: Mar 2011, #53398
Location: San Diego
Gender: Male
Posts: 9
herewego311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
99% of peeps here will tell you to get black rims. im not sure what color your truck is but i do like the black on black look and on white trrucks too.

i really like gunmetal or something like that (dark grey) on some of the trucks too, i want to paint mine gunmetal when i need to or get a chance to. not sure what procomp has in that color.
Thank for your opinion, I wasnt exactly lookin for color advice tho. Take care.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking to trade my wheels with tires for TRD wheels with tires Slidell96 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace 2 02-12-2012 11:49 AM
WTT my Sport wheels/tires for Off road wheels/tires TacoDawgfan 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace 13 01-26-2012 05:58 PM
WTT 18" Factory wheels/tires for 16" oem wheels/tires Jared07 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace 5 10-25-2011 07:41 AM
WTT: My wheels and tires for black wheels and tires! cmcurry123 Buy / Sell / Trade 1 02-14-2011 04:48 PM
Help, changing wheels and tires after Toytech 3" lift will this wheels/tires be ok Jav S Wheels & Tires 9 10-26-2010 02:30 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.