Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Off road wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
dirtboy08 is on a distinguished road
dirtboy08's Tacoma Gallery
Off road wheels

I recently bought a tacoma new to me. 2001 4x4 sr5 and im looking at putting some new rims on them. I kinda live around some ruff roads. I like the look of KMC XD wheels but I dont know how safe they will be on gravel roads. Any recommendations for me?
Old 05-18-2011, 05:35 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtboy08 View Post
I recently bought a tacoma new to me. 2001 4x4 sr5 and im looking at putting some new rims on them. I kinda live around some ruff roads. I like the look of KMC XD wheels but I dont know how safe they will be on gravel roads. Any recommendations for me?
I'm not sure what you mean by "how safe they will be".

Aluminum rims are planty strong enough, people ofroad on them all the time...
Old 05-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #3
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
We have some Steel, and Aluminum wheels available to fit your truck.

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomablackalloys.htm
Old 05-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #4
dirtboy08 is on a distinguished road
dirtboy08's Tacoma Gallery
When I say safe I mean safe to drive thru the winter on salted roads and the finish not break down/ eat away. And living on some gravel roads I'm afraid rocks will kick up in the rim and chip the finish. I had a mustang before this truck with really nice wheels and was always cautious Where and when I drove. I see some rims have a Teflon finish? Know anything about that?
Old 05-19-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
We have some Steel, and Aluminum wheels available to fit your truck.

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomablackalloys.htm

Sorry for the thread jack but you dont have no Eibachs on there by any chance do ya