Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

tpms 16" steel to 17" alloy can you use?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
tpms 16" steel to 17" alloy can you use?

Can I use the tpms out of my stock steel rims 16" and put them on 17'' alloy sport wheels?

Thanks
Old 05-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by double dee View Post
Can I use the tpms out of my stock steel rims 16" and put them on 17'' alloy sport wheels?

Thanks
The sensors have different mounting angles. The shop will either try to flip them 180 degrees, or they could use tpms straps...
Old 05-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
It shouldn't be a problem though right?
Old 05-24-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
jci2005 is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
jci2005's Tacoma Gallery
i actually have had this done and they work fine, i had steelies on mine and upgraded to alloys.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
jeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
jeratbp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
The sensors have different mounting angles. The shop will either try to flip them 180 degrees, or they could use tpms straps...
what kind of straps are you referring too? Is this something any tire place should be aware of - Kramer Tire, Firestone, etc?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeratbp View Post
what kind of straps are you referring too? Is this something any tire place should be aware of - Kramer Tire, Firestone, etc?
http://www.revolutionsupply.com/strapkit.aspx

I got ones similar to the above-linked. Got them from Discount Tire.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #7
jeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
jeratbp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
http://www.revolutionsupply.com/strapkit.aspx

I got ones similar to the above-linked. Got them from Discount Tire.

Thanks for the link.

Kramer Tire just told me they wouldn't do it because I could crush the sensor if I get a flat. Still looks like a better solution than paying $100+ per sensor.