* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2008, 11:28 PM   #1
If..Then..Else
TexasJay is on a distinguished road

Name: Jay
TexasJay's Tacoma Gallery
Consumer Reports Tire Review

FYI...

I received my November issue of Consumer Reports and they review Light Truck and SUV tires. It should be hitting the news stands pretty quick.

A favorite among many Taco owners here, the Bridgestone Revo was highly recommended. They say it's a high performing tire that stands out in 'all weather performance'.

It's kind of hard to go into all the details because they rate the tires in 10 catagories. Depends on what you are looking for.

It did surprise me a little that the General Grabber was the highest rated all season tire. Go Figure. It was even one of the best for Fuel Mileage. I may have to rethink my next tire purchase.

One other note: The Michelin LTX A/T 2 was the highest rated A/T tire for Tread Life.

Might be worth a couple of bucks to pick up a copy.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:48 PM   #2
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasJay View Post
FYI...

I received my November issue of Consumer Reports and they review Light Truck and SUV tires. It should be hitting the news stands pretty quick.

A favorite among many Taco owners here, the Bridgestone Revo was highly recommended. They say it's a high performing tire that stands out in 'all weather performance'.

It's kind of hard to go into all the details because they rate the tires in 10 catagories. Depends on what you are looking for.

It did surprise me a little that the General Grabber was the highest rated all season tire. Go Figure. It was even one of the best for Fuel Mileage. I may have to rethink my next tire purchase.

One other note: The Michelin LTX A/T 2 was the highest rated A/T tire for Tread Life.

thanks for posting...
I'm gonna have pick up a copy..
Old 10-05-2008, 12:06 AM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
good to know, thanks for the post
Old 10-05-2008, 08:03 AM   #5
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I will be needing a set of tires before the next inspection...which is this month
Old 10-07-2008, 11:30 AM   #6
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
FYI...

you guys have to think about this as the michelin is a harder yes you will see more miles out of the michelin But in the wet or snow the tire is going to handle like shit you are not going to be happy with as for the general for you guys that like to off road this not the tire for you
it is not going to hold up sidewalls are weak
If you guys were in jersey all of you would have the revos on your tacomas just my op
Old 10-07-2008, 11:33 AM   #7
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
FYI...

sorry just not a big fan of c/r but its a good post