Notices

New Tires: Suggestions

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
Taco Tuesday
ShaneHD is on a distinguished road
ShaneHD's Tacoma Gallery
New Tires: Suggestions

This weekend, I took a hole in two tires, both of which are in a place that is unrepairable. I have a 2010 TRD Offroad with 25k miles on it and the tires were stock BFG Rugged Trails.

Since I am going to be buying two new tires, I guess I will replace them all. My question is, can I go taller? The reason I ask is I have had the following done:

* Rear Leaf Spring TSB completed (raised rear slightly)
* Installed Bilstein 5100's with the front set at 1.75"

Now, stock I have the 265/70/16's on. Can I go 265/75/16 to go with a taller tire?

Regardless of this, what tires do you guys recommend? I mainly drive 95% on the hwy, but still like to go offroad from time to time (river, camping, etc).

Do I go with another set of BFG's or go with someone like the Geolander AT's? I don't want to spend a small fortune either....
Old 05-19-2011, 07:40 PM   #2
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
I suggest the search function tire. Best tire out right now
Old 05-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
Taco Tuesday
ShaneHD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
I suggest the search function tire. Best tire out right now
I did search, but I really wanted an answer on whether I can go with the 265/75/16 tires.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:48 PM   #4
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneHD View Post
I did search, but I really wanted an answer on whether I can go with the 265/75/16 tires.
Yes, they'll fit. If you really searched you would've found the answer very easily.

Read this before starting another thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...e-posting.html

Sorry, not trying to be an ass...
Old 05-19-2011, 07:53 PM   #5
tonyplanet will become famous soon enoughtonyplanet will become famous soon enough

tonyplanet's Tacoma Gallery
You will be fine with 265/75-16. You probably won't have to worry about any rubbing either. Since you mostly highway driving I would recommend you stick with something similar to what you have already. Yokohama Geolander would be perfect. Reasonably price and you can get all 4 for about $650 or so installed from America's Tires/Discount Tires. Your mpg will change slightly, probably not real noticeable. Good luck on your decision.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:16 PM   #6
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneHD View Post
Shane, the answer is yes... just read the many posts of getting the taller tires... I did in Feb., 265/75-16... Fit right on, don't rub, make the speedometer read correctly, even!

I got Hankook DynaPro ATm's and love 'em!

Old 05-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #7
Taco Tuesday
ShaneHD's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone have anything good to say on the Firestone Destination AT OWL? Apparently Firestone Auto has these for $127.99 each at 265/75/16.