Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

POLL: Keep Black wheels or go back to Stock?

View Poll Results: Should I stick with the black wheels or switch back to stock?
Black wheels (current) 52 77.61%
Stock wheels 12 17.91%
Other 3 4.48%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2011, 05:43 AM   #1
cdavi060 is on a distinguished road
Name: Christopher
cdavi060's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cdavi060
Question POLL: Keep Black wheels or go back to Stock?

Hye guys,

I recently did a small lift and added these American Racing black wheels, but, especially after hearing other friends opinions, I am not even sure if I like the outcome. My question here is, should I keep the black wheels, or switch back to the stock 5 blade wheels and turn the white lettering outward?

COMMENT AWAY!! Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
POLL: Keep Black wheels or go back to Stock?-img_0825.jpg   POLL: Keep Black wheels or go back to Stock?-5687350574_9fd4c9c5f5_b.jpg  
Old 05-20-2011, 06:03 AM   #2
El' Capi-Tan
resq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to behold

EMS: Giles Rescue
Name: Josh
resq330's Tacoma Gallery
Other - A different black wheel
Old 05-20-2011, 06:06 AM   #3
Underprepared and Overconfident
DubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DubyaDawg's Tacoma Gallery
I think the only reason it may look a bit off is because it might look better with slightly bigger or more aggressive tires, so if you're going to spend on something I'd do that and keep the black wheels rather than spend money getting new black ones. But I think it looks good how it is with the black. Do what you like!
Old 05-20-2011, 06:06 AM   #4
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
I think the black looks good. But I LOVE those 5 blade wheels, I am planning on swapping to those sometime in the future.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:12 AM   #5
stabngrab is on a distinguished road
stabngrab's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaDawg View Post
I think the only reason it may look a bit off is because it might look better with slightly bigger or more aggressive tires, so if you're going to spend on something I'd do that and keep the black wheels rather than spend money getting new black ones. But I think it looks good how it is with the black. Do what you like!

Agreed!
Old 05-20-2011, 06:21 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stabngrab View Post
Agreed!
I bet it would look better with more aggressive tires, but I have a 30 minute drive to work each day and its my daily driver, so at this time, I don't see myself going much bigger anytime soon.

I saw a silver 4-runner with bronze 5-spoke wheels, but I wasnt sure if it would look as good on a truck or not...
Attached Thumbnails
POLL: Keep Black wheels or go back to Stock?-img_0888.jpg  
Old 05-20-2011, 06:37 AM   #7
I <3 the mall
luk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to behold

Name: luke
luk3's Tacoma Gallery
white letters out with the black wheels.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:08 AM   #8
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
I think it looks good with the black. Just rock it out man, I wouldn't buy new tires if you just got those.

Just saw your from Chesapeake. I grew up near Richmond, I miss it.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:52 AM   #9
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk3 View Post
white letters out with the black wheels.
oh god no.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:00 AM   #10
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mx SuperFly 25's Tacoma Gallery
i think the black wheels look great.. i think that style of wheel goes good w/the truck too..
Old 05-20-2011, 08:01 AM   #11
gopens48 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
gopens48's Tacoma Gallery
I think the black wheels look great on that truck.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:22 PM   #12
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Stick with black/black.
White letters look like 19yr old spending parent's money or a nascar fan
Old 05-20-2011, 01:41 PM   #13
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Some guys will vote to put black wheels on anything.

But they don't look that great on a color-matched silver like yours.

Go back to the polished aluminum wheel, IMO.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #14
Imez is on a distinguished road
Name: Keith
Imez's Tacoma Gallery
I think the black wheels look great on that truck.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #15
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
I think it looks perfectly fine. The tires look aggressive IMO, dont know why you guys are saying that they are not aggressive enough. They're BFG A/T's for crying out loud, they're probbably the most aggressive looking all terrain you can get.

OP, only thing I would do is level out the front end.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:24 PM   #16
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I voted stick with the black.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:17 AM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
I think it looks perfectly fine. The tires look aggressive IMO, dont know why you guys are saying that they are not aggressive enough. They're BFG A/T's for crying out loud, they're probbably the most aggressive looking all terrain you can get.

OP, only thing I would do is level out the front end.
The truck is almost level. It is about .25 lower in the rear and it looks worse in the pic because I had all 4 stock wheels in the back at the time. I'll get around to switching out to a 1.25in shackle one of these days.

Thanks for all the comments.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:24 AM   #18
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
stay with the black rims man
Old 05-21-2011, 06:37 AM   #19
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
im not a fan of the blades, but thats just my opinion...
Old 05-21-2011, 06:50 AM   #20
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
i love those wheels and there's a truck at work exactly like yours. color matched silver with black mojave wheels. the dude has an icon coilover kit though. I over his truck, I'd keep it as is. I'm running those same tires too.