Notices

10.1 MPG!!!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2011, 08:19 AM   #1
tacocrum has a spectacular aura abouttacocrum has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: Aircraft Structural Maintenance
tacocrum's Tacoma Gallery
10.1 MPG!!!

Is it normal to get worse than horrible mileage out of M/T's? I just put a set of DynaPro M/T's on my 09 Taco and its average is 10.1 MPG!
Old 05-20-2011, 08:20 AM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
How often are you not flooring it?
Old 05-20-2011, 08:20 AM   #3
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
How fast are you driving. That means you are barely getting 200 miles to the tank if that.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #4
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Lay off the petal bub
Old 05-20-2011, 08:24 AM   #5
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
i have 33" mickey thompson MTZ and i get 15-16 mpg on the street. ease off on the gas pedal and your mpg should improve.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:27 AM   #6
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Have a hard time believing, even laying into the pedal, that you are getting that bad. Double check your math. Run a couple more tanks. You should use the exact same pump at the exact same station to get accurate numbers and don't forget to add the difference your tires make in miles. IE if your tires make a %6 difference in your MPH/ODO then you need to add %6 miles to your odo reading before making the calculation. Use the tire calculator to compare your tires to stock to get the percentage.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:28 AM   #7
bama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
bama trd's Tacoma Gallery
What size tire? If you step it up from stock , it will offset the speedometer and your mileage will be slightly lower and go easy on the gas
Old 05-20-2011, 08:28 AM   #8
38 mile interstate drive from house to work this morning used almost 1/4 tank!!! That is interstate @ 70mph according to my GPS. The tires are 285/70/17.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:31 AM   #9
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacocrum View Post
38 mile interstate drive from house to work this morning used almost 1/4 tank!!! That is interstate @ 70mph according to my GPS. The tires are 285/70/17.
You must be going up hill in 3 feet of snow both ways. Just post how many miles you travelled and how much gas it took from your previous fillup....
Old 05-20-2011, 08:35 AM   #10
That Guy
CaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CaptainFun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Please tell me you are not using the gas gauge as your measuring stick. That gauge is not "calibrated" and is simply a general guide to your remaining fuel.

Reset the trip odometer, tank up fully, drive the whole tank, take the prorated mileage (tire size factored in) and divide by the gallons you added. Now repeat 3 times. I'll bet you will see a difference. Good luck.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:43 AM   #11
I know I could drive to work with stock tires and hardly see my gauge move. Added the M/T's and it is sucking it!
Old 05-20-2011, 08:44 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNakedBooda View Post
You must be going up hill in 3 feet of snow both ways. Just post how many miles you travelled and how much gas it took from your previous fillup....

HAHA. If my ole man were telling this story, that is how it would go.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:45 AM   #13
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know I could drive to work with stock tires and hardly see my gauge move. Added the M/T's and it is sucking it!
whats the tire pressure?
Old 05-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #14
38psi on all 4 corners.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #15
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
ouch.

Maybe just coincidental time for tune up, o2 sensor or had brake is dragging.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #16
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Ouch! 10.1Mpgs?? With that kinda mileage I'd say its time for some upgrades, Throttle Body Spacer that Beast for +4 Mpg!!
Old 05-20-2011, 09:23 AM   #17
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Ouch! 10.1Mpgs?? With that kinda mileage I'd say its time for some upgrades, Throttle Body Spacer that Beast for +4 Mpg!!
is this for real?/I thought the spacer did not work on 2nd gen tacos
Old 05-20-2011, 09:24 AM   #18
i just changed tires yesterday morning. Can't be that much of a coincidense?
Old 05-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #19
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
is this for real?/I thought the spacer did not work on 2nd gen tacos
Nope sorry..... Misread what vehicle he had.......
Old 05-20-2011, 09:44 AM   #20
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is it normal to get worse than horrible mileage out of M/T's? I just put a set of DynaPro M/T's on my 09 Taco and its average is 10.1 MPG!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i just changed tires yesterday morning. Can't be that much of a coincidense?
Ok so tell me if I'm misunderstanding this based on your above comments....

You are eyeballing how much gas you've consumed based on looking at the gas gauge. And that's how your calculating MPG?

You're doing it wrong.