Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Need wheels to fit my new tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Need wheels to fit my new tires

I have 4 new General Grabber Red letter tires 285/75/16

So, i'm looking for 16 inch rims

problem is, the style rim i want consists of shaving brake calipers i've learned. Mickey Thompson Classic II or Procomp 7069

my question is; is there any rims with that same design that will run my General grabbers on my truck while letting me stay away from modifying the caliper?
Old 05-22-2011, 12:59 AM   #2
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
really? who told you that you would need to shave the calipers?

folks have been running MT Classics for years on tacomas...

if it was a retailer who told you this information, it may be off... from what i understand, if your truck came stock with 16s, you should be ok...

if it came with 17s, then it would be the circumference of the caliper that may not clear the 16s, in which case, you would need to step up to 17s...
Old 05-22-2011, 01:50 AM   #3
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Detective_dan is the user who had the issue with the pro comps actually, and i searched a thread earlier where somebody mentions the same process while using the mickey thompsons. maybe the guy's info was off on the MT classics, but detective dan definitely has a thread up about it.

here's the thread mentioning the MT classics not fitting
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...lassic-ii.html
/e just read some of the post's, only that one user had the caliper issue for the MT classics, hope i won't haha, i'll try and find a pair to test fit them before i purchase em'
Old 05-22-2011, 03:46 AM   #4
Casey31 will become famous soon enoughCasey31 will become famous soon enough

Name: Casey
Casey31's Tacoma Gallery
I have been wondering the same thing about both of these wheels. I am looking at both of them in 17s. I do not want to have to shave the calipers.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:05 AM   #5
thanhnc is on a distinguished road
Name: Thanh
thanhnc's Tacoma Gallery
tacoma 2010 4x4 dbl cab just with 3" lift I need tire size to fit with stock rim
17 x 8 without modify for clearance
Please help
Old 05-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #6
ɔoɯq

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanhnc View Post
tacoma 2010 4x4 dbl cab just with 3" lift I need tire size to fit with stock rim
17 x 8 without modify for clearance
Please help
265/70/17 tire if you don't want to modify.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #7
ɔoɯq

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey31 View Post
I have been wondering the same thing about both of these wheels. I am looking at both of them in 17s. I do not want to have to shave the calipers.
you should be fine with 17 inch rims
Old 05-22-2011, 10:01 AM   #8
Casey31 will become famous soon enoughCasey31 will become famous soon enough

Name: Casey
Casey31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paden View Post
you should be fine with 17 inch rims
I appreciate the help! Thanks.