Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Black Rhino Sidewinder Help

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
Token Gas Passer
SCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to behold

Name: Shawn
SCHMEGGA's Tacoma Gallery
Black Rhino Sidewinder Help

I have a 2008 Tacoma DC TRD Offroad. Getting ready to pull trigger on Hankook Dynapro's 265/70/17 and the Black Rhino Sidewinder 17x9 wheel. Question is this: the sidewinder is a 12mm offset (positive) wheel. Will this be ok with my Tacoma. Thanks a bunch guys.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
IIRC it needs to be negative 12 offset
Old 05-22-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
Token Gas Passer
SCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to behold

Name: Shawn
SCHMEGGA's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen on other sites that they are available in -12, but on discount tire, the 12mm is all they show available. I am having the hardest time finding the wheels I want for a stock lift with 265/70/17s.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
The +12 will be fine I'd you never plan to step up above the 265s. That's 5.5" backspacing on a 9" wide wheel.

However I would check the tire manufacturers site to make sure that size is approved for use on a 9" wide wheel. I'm thinking it will not be.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:03 AM   #5
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
The tire would look really stretched on a 9" rim, almost like a performance car tire. I wouldn't recommend it for off road driving.