Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

bought wheels...time for tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-06-2008, 05:38 AM   #1
snjkid372 is on a distinguished road
snjkid372's Tacoma Gallery
bought wheels...time for tires

well i picked up some pro comp 7089's. now its time for some rubber.
i've been looking at the nittos TGS and the toyo open countries. But as i was looking through websites i found these. can anyone give me some imput on them.
http://www.onlinetires.com/default.a...ails&tid=35651
Old 10-06-2008, 06:12 AM   #2
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snjkid372 View Post
well i picked up some pro comp 7089's. now its time for some rubber.
i've been looking at the nittos TGS and the toyo open countries. But as i was looking through websites i found these. can anyone give me some imput on them.
http://www.onlinetires.com/default.a...ails&tid=35651
B/S A/T revos
Old 10-06-2008, 06:35 AM   #3
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
I think (but may be wrong) Hankook and Cooper are somehow related, and we know the Cooper story.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:00 AM   #4
snjkid372 is on a distinguished road
snjkid372's Tacoma Gallery
how does everyone like the toyo open country a/t
Old 10-06-2008, 07:12 AM   #5
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've got the Nitto TGS. They are great! I'm sure the Toyo's would be very comparable, the tread design looks almost identical, had a friend that ran the Toyo's with no complaints. Probably can't go wrong with either. Just which I could find for less money would be my decider.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:30 AM   #6
DREAD is on a distinguished road

Army: E5-13B Artillary Cannon Crewman, 1/180th 153 FA Bgd
DREAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have the Toyo Open Country M/T's. I know you are looking for A/T's, but I have to say that so far I love my Toyo's. They are quiet, well designed and run smoother than the BFG's I used to own. Since I am talking M/T's perhaps you should take this message as a possitive opinion on Toyo even though I am talking of apples vs oranges...
Old 10-07-2008, 01:56 PM   #7
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
i run nitto tgs the toyo's are pretty much the same time with a harder rubber compound which would = longer tread life about the only difference between the two oh yea and with the toyos you dont get the LIGHTNING BOLTS!!!