Notices

what tires should i get?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
Rhino is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
Rhino's Tacoma Gallery
what tires should i get?

ive narrowed my tire search to the following tires i want tacoma world opinion help on my final choice

cooper discoverer s/t maxx

cooper discoverer s/t

general grabber at2

and the bf goodwrich all terrian t/a ko
Old 05-25-2011, 04:57 AM   #2
ecupcar is on a distinguished road

ecupcar's Tacoma Gallery
I have always been a fan of BFG, but currently have Bridgestone Duelars (sp) and think the are great. I am not an off roader, so can't help there, but these are smooth and quiet.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:02 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I vote the Cooper S/T Maxx. Always had Cooper tires and will continue to keep buying them. Right now I'm running the Discoverer ATR, it's fairly open tread pattern but still have a solid centerline so they're well mannered on the pavement for an A/T.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #4

Rhino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecupcar View Post
I have always been a fan of BFG, but currently have Bridgestone Duelars (sp) and think the are great. I am not an off roader, so can't help there, but these are smooth and quiet.
i have the bridgestone dueler at revos on it and i got very good mileage out of them however now they are smooth as a freshly paved road
Old 05-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #5
Cvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Cory
Cvd2312's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook DynaPro ATM
Old 05-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #6
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
After owning a set of Coopers, i'll never go with them ever again.... Have you considered Nitto Terra Grapplers? Seeing you did your research, BFG A/T's would be my choice out of these.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:18 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
After owning a set of Coopers, i'll never go with them ever again.... Have you considered Nitto Terra Grapplers? Seeing you did your research, BFG A/T's would be my choice out of these.
I don't mean to threadjack but I'm curious what you didn't like about them (Coopers)? That's pretty much all I buy for tires now
Old 05-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Put the names of all of them in a hat and buy the one you pull out.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #9
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
good call. other than that, all you get are the typical, 'i buy these, therefore you should too' responses. and why do people buy those? objective reasons, having tested 20 types themselves over years? no... just because something happened growing up where they like them... their dad had them, their buddy had them, the first person they happened to get an opinion from liked them, they happened to be on their car they bought...
Old 05-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #10
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I don't mean to threadjack but I'm curious what you didn't like about them (Coopers)? That's pretty much all I buy for tires now
They didn't ride well. The set I had started to ball at 30k... Just never was a fan of the cooper line... IMO of course.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:32 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
They didn't ride well. The set I had started to ball at 30k... Just never was a fan of the cooper line... IMO of course.
What about Hangin' with Mr. Cooper?
Old 05-25-2011, 08:22 PM   #12
Nothin
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What about Hangin' with Mr. Cooper?

I might reconsider
Old 05-25-2011, 08:28 PM   #13
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^This.

Everyone is only going to tell you to get the tires they have.

I personally would go for the AT2's. They're just as good as the BFG's and a lot cheaper.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:05 PM   #15

Rhino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i actually had a set of nitto terras on my dodge i had before my tacoma..if i can find those priced cheaper i would love another set i paid 175 a tire for the ones i had on that dodge
Old 05-25-2011, 10:15 PM   #16
Nothin
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
i actually had a set of nitto terras on my dodge i had before my tacoma..if i can find those priced cheaper i would love another set i paid 175 a tire for the ones i had on that dodge
What size do you plan on running? And have you looked at www.tirerack.com
Old 05-25-2011, 10:19 PM   #17

Rhino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i plan to run either a 265/70/16 or 265/75/16 since i cant afford to lift my truck right now the cheapest ive found is www.discounttirezone.com for 153 a tire in the 265/70/16
Old 05-25-2011, 10:21 PM   #18
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Id get the round ones!
Old 05-25-2011, 10:39 PM   #19

Rhino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just found the nittos for 142 a piece on www.tirebuyer.com think im gettin them thanks everybody
Old 05-25-2011, 10:41 PM   #20

Rhino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
Id get the round ones!
na i was kinda feelin like i should run that new type of triangle tires they got now i heard they eat mud holes for breakfast