Notices

Cragar Soft 8's

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2011, 06:18 AM   #1
bbtank45 is on a distinguished road
bbtank45's Tacoma Gallery
Cragar Soft 8's

Hey guys,

Lookin to get some of the black Cragar Soft 8's for my truck.... i am currently running 31x10.5x15 Firestone Destination AT's with approximately 75% tread life still remaining. I would like to put the Destinations on the Cragars, but i am really unsure on exactly which ones to order. I dont want a ton of offset, but maybe a little bit more than stock without having to run a spacer. Any help here guys?

Ben B.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:30 AM   #2
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
check my build out to see i have the same style. mine are 13mm backspacing which is roughtly 4.125in BS youll need a small 1/4 spacer to run these rims cause the back side of the rim that mounts to the hub isnt as thick as an alloy rim or stock rim so without the small spacer youll grind up your caliper.

btw ive been running that spacer for 2 years with no problems. i recently got a set of spidertrax but i have no reason to put them on yet. i also have no rubbing issues at all and you dont really want to go any lower on the backspacing or go any higher than 5.5 back spacing.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:44 AM   #3
Good deal, where would you recommend getting the spacer from?
Old 05-27-2011, 06:47 AM   #4
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
you can get a universal spacer at most autoshops.. you dont want anything more than a 1/4" spacer or else you wont have enough threads on your lug nuts to do much good. my shop threw them on for free when they mounted my wheels
Old 05-27-2011, 06:56 AM   #5
Thanks for the help, solid build thread....accidents are never fun thats for sure. How wide would you recommend that i go? i plan on sticking with the 31x10.5x15 size and the truck is almost always on the street.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:03 AM   #6

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
i have 15x8s the widest tire you would want to go is 12in on a 8in rim so you will be fine
Old 05-27-2011, 07:23 AM   #7
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
would be willing to hook you up with the softies and spacers through our group buy going on through memorial day. the distributor is giving us things around dealer cost, so should save some dough...
Old 05-27-2011, 07:31 AM   #8

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
oh.. i need a new rim..
Old 05-27-2011, 07:46 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mescalero View Post
would be willing to hook you up with the softies and spacers through our group buy going on through memorial day. the distributor is giving us things around dealer cost, so should save some dough...
Nice, anyway you could PM me a price for the rims (15x8) and spacers (1/4") shipped to 45252?
Old 06-01-2011, 05:52 AM   #10
15"x8" 6X5.5 -27mm 3.5" 108mm

Would that size work without any spacer?..... its an alloy rim.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/style-174-b...d=d2193y1999j1
Old 06-01-2011, 06:06 AM   #11

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
you should probably be fine with any type of alloy rim, but i aint no wheel expert just relaying the route i had to go with mine.. regardless i love the simplicity of them and im not a big fan of those fancy alloy rims i think they look too ricey
Old 06-01-2011, 06:08 AM   #12

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
also i would see about contacting an offroad shop in your area and check out the styles they offer and they can usually provide solid advice on what fits and what doesnt