Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Emergency tire sale...LOL

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-06-2008, 11:02 PM   #1
Ken Dawg is an unknown quantity at this point

Ken Dawg's Tacoma Gallery
Emergency tire sale...LOL

ok 2008 tacoma dbl cab stock tires Bridgestone POS sold tonite on craigslist 400 for tires...now the problem...LOL

they are still on truck...wtf I didnt expect an answer that fast or an offer...
so...
what do I buy?
the truck is question is:
dbl cab trd sport 4x2 4.0 95% street use but tend to hop curbs to get around idiots etc.( thats why we drive truck no?)

hear good things about
Michelin atx 2 great handling etc ok on harder dirt etc
revo a/t rated high at tires.com
hate bfg's sorry they arent what they used to be...
goodyear silent armour...lots of hype...

I figure we ( me and everyone here) has till 11am pst to decide...
ok thanks
bye
Old 10-06-2008, 11:05 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
revo a/t rated high at tires.com
Thats what i have and im sticking with them bad ass tires!
Old 10-06-2008, 11:07 PM   #3

u have sport or off road trd?
where did ya get em and may I ask How much?
btw, thanks for reply
KB
Old 10-06-2008, 11:10 PM   #4

had to post this review...LOL
I live on the I70 corridor, in the rockies, and drive daily in the snow all winter. In the summer it's mostly highway ,and about 20% off road, This tire is a go anywhere and do anything tire. If you are a smart driver ,this tire is excellent. I drive with 300-400 lbs in the back all winter, as my truck is light in the back end . Ive never had a problem ever. I 've taken this truck down the freeway when it was a mirror finnish, dangerous Ice, 14 cars and trucks off the road in three mile's ,and never had a problem. The heavy rain and aqua planing ability of these tires is the best ive had to date. doing 90 miles and hr in front off a thunder cell in Kansas ,as few months ago, I stuck to the road like snot to a blanket . My only problem is the wear , I'm at 25,000miles and I cant get another winter out off them, a summer ,mayby?, but it is to be expected I guess ,as you can't have a good four season tire and not expect them to go early. i will try something different next . If I was rich I would buy these again as they worked well on my truck . But with lots off expenses ,I need a tire that lasts another 30,000.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:14 PM   #6

thanks...general grabbers??? huh....well i am on right road with ltx and revo.... thanks
Old 10-06-2008, 11:20 PM   #7
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i've also read reviews of the Hankook DYNAPRO AT/M's. they seem like a good looking AT to me, quite similar in design to the Toyo AT's but rated better in on/off road and in wear
Old 10-06-2008, 11:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
i've also read reviews of the Hankook DYNAPRO AT/M's. they seem like a good looking AT to me, quite similar in design to the Toyo AT's but rated better in on/off road and in wear
Never had hakook
had toyo at...eh!
had nitto terra but in fairness they were on a big diesel...20k miles

thinking that a sport should have a street tire that can handle some dirt roads... not all out a/t tires...

opinions??????
Old 10-06-2008, 11:29 PM   #9

bought these for diesel to sell it...
impressed the hell outta me...shocked me actually
http://sporttruck.automotive.com/830...res/index.html
Old 10-06-2008, 11:29 PM   #10
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Dawg;197695
[B
thinking that a sport should have a street tire that can handle some dirt roads... not all out a/t tires...[/B]

opinions??????
yeah, if you dont need the agressiveness of a real AT nor care about the look of them on the truck then i'd probably go with the Bridgestone Revo's or the GY Silent Armor's
Old 10-06-2008, 11:32 PM   #11

the sport sits , in my eyes, differently than the offroad
Old 10-06-2008, 11:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Dawg View Post
bought these for diesel to sell it...
impressed the hell outta me...shocked me actually
http://sporttruck.automotive.com/830...res/index.html
maybe get a set of those if you were impressed by them...? i think they only have a 40,000 tread warranty on them though.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
maybe get a set of those if you were impressed by them...? i think they only have a 40,000 tread warranty on them though.
40k? nittos
revos are ...i'll go look
Old 10-06-2008, 11:38 PM   #14

Quote:
40k? nittos
revos are ...i'll go look
pretty sure they're a 50K warranty on the Revos if im not mistaken....
Edit: yeah, they're 50,000
Old 10-06-2008, 11:38 PM   #15

dura grapplers...out...no lt truck in size...
next!!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 11:46 PM   #16

the look great..warranty works... mileage and price now...
should work great on a sport.
thanks for input and time dude
Old 10-06-2008, 11:46 PM   #17

Quote:
the look great..warranty works... mileage and price now...
should work great on a sport.
thanks for input and time dude
sure, no prob.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:06 AM   #18

$750 out the door...and with grinding...LOL

revo a/t's
Old 10-07-2008, 09:20 AM   #19
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
had to post this review...LOL
I live on the I70 corridor, in the rockies, and drive daily in the snow all winter. In the summer it's mostly highway ,and about 20% off road, This tire is a go anywhere and do anything tire. If you are a smart driver ,this tire is excellent. I drive with 300-400 lbs in the back all winter, as my truck is light in the back end . Ive never had a problem ever. I 've taken this truck down the freeway when it was a mirror finnish, dangerous Ice, 14 cars and trucks off the road in three mile's ,and never had a problem. The heavy rain and aqua planing ability of these tires is the best ive had to date. doing 90 miles and hr in front off a thunder cell in Kansas ,as few months ago, I stuck to the road like snot to a blanket . My only problem is the wear , I'm at 25,000miles and I cant get another winter out off them, a summer ,mayby?, but it is to be expected I guess ,as you can't have a good four season tire and not expect them to go early. i will try something different next . If I was rich I would buy these again as they worked well on my truck . But with lots off expenses ,I need a tire that lasts another 30,000.
I'm guessing that's for the Revos?

Sounds almost identical to my experience with them, right down to living and driving on the I-70 corridor in winter. They're great when they're new, but they get progressively bad as they wear. I got 56k on mine, but I should have replaced them 10-15k miles sooner. I just took it really slow last winter. They were also pretty noisy, and the noise only got worse as they wore.

I have the Michelin AT2's right now, and got them for less than the Revo's cost. So far, I like them a lot. Quiet, smooth, good off-road traction, and have done well in what little rain they've seen... still waiting for a good snow to see how they do in the snow though.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:34 AM   #20
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
so how do you come out ahead on that deal? your getting about same tires you sold for 400 for 700?