Notices

Stock balck off road wheels?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2011, 12:01 AM   #1
Zpeth is on a distinguished road
Name: Zach
Zpeth's Tacoma Gallery
Stock balck off road wheels?

I have seen some people spray painted their factory aluminum wheels. I was just wanting to know how they have held up.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I rattle canned mine with 3 coats of rustoleum primer and 3 coats of rustoleum semigloss, no chips after 1 year.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:03 PM   #5
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
In before plastidip!

DAMNIT!

GOTCHA!!! lol
Old 05-30-2011, 08:06 PM   #6
TACOMANATOR
TRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TRDBandit's Tacoma Gallery
I did mine with the rustolium semi gloss. About three coats. I do a lot of wheeling and mudding.Probably 5 times a month. I get small chips here and there but then I just spray them again. My buddy plasti dipd his and they chip worse than mine.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:19 PM   #7
Zpeth is on a distinguished road
Name: Zach
Zpeth's Tacoma Gallery
Ok sounds good thanks for the help guys