Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

285/70-17 With No Lift (Future Lift)

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
Nukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Adam
Nukewater's Tacoma Gallery
285/70-17 With No Lift (Future Lift)

I blew a tire the other day so i'm goin ahead and pickin up a new set of BFG A/Ts, just trying to decide on a size. I have full intentions of putting Billies on, but for the moment its tires. If i put 285's on now, how bad will it be till i get the Billies? Or should i just stick with the 265's

ps. 2010 TRD Sport, keepin stock rims
Old 05-30-2011, 10:11 AM   #2
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Very bad. Major trimming required. Through your spare your on til you get the new struts
Old 05-30-2011, 10:13 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukewater View Post
I blew a tire the other day so i'm goin ahead and pickin up a new set of BFG A/Ts, just trying to decide on a size. I have full intentions of putting Billies on, but for the moment its tires. If i put 285's on now, how bad will it be till i get the Billies? Or should i just stick with the 265's

ps. 2010 TRD Sport, keepin stock rims
You will need wheel spacers and a 2.5" lift minimum. THEN you will have trim and possibly chop your cab mounts.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:16 AM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
Very bad. Major trimming required. Through your spare your on til you get the new struts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
You will need wheel spacers and a 2.5" lift minimum. THEN you will have trim and possibly chop your cab mounts.
X2 to both these posts.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:24 AM   #5
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
265-70-17 is all you can fit without trimming
Old 05-30-2011, 10:28 AM   #6
Nukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of light

Nukewater's Tacoma Gallery
where does the rubbing occur? like constant? or only at full turn? If i have to deal with being a little cautious for a month, that isn't a big deal
Old 05-30-2011, 10:36 AM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukewater View Post
where does the rubbing occur? like constant? or only at full turn? If i have to deal with being a little cautious for a month, that isn't a big deal
Without a lift I imagine it would rub plastic even on moderate turns.

And without wheel spacers the tires will constantly rub the ucas
Old 05-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #8
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah my 265 70 17 rub my uca i cant imagine what 285's will do.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:45 PM   #9
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmdcfan View Post
Yeah my 265 70 17 rub my uca i cant imagine what 285's will do.
They do? They shouldn't....
Old 05-30-2011, 05:47 PM   #10
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
just get the stock size
Old 05-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #11
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Just get 265/70/R17s if you are gonna get a new tire.. 285s require at least 2.5 of lift, new wheels with at least 4.5 BS or wheel spacers if you just wanna run stock wheels...
Old 05-30-2011, 05:55 PM   #12
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I say throw the spare on, buy the lift now, and then buy the new tires when you can afford them.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:56 PM   #13
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
if the truck doesnt move or turn you will be fine
Old 05-31-2011, 02:54 PM   #14
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
They do? They shouldn't....
They are treadwrights, so they might be a little bit larger than the intended 265/70//17. I put them side to side with my 265/65/17 and they were significantly bigger. maybe in between 32's and 33's.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:12 PM   #15
SoCal Reppin
iRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iRepLONGBEACH's Tacoma Gallery
Im running 285/70/17 w/o any lifts atm. some trimming was required so now it only rubs on full turns which i only do when i reverse and U turns.