Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Help tire size

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
island is on a distinguished road

island's Tacoma Gallery
Question Help tire size

Hay guys will a 270/75/17 or 275/75/17 work on my 06 Taco 17"OEM wheels with a 3" lift? If yes were is the best online place i can grab some for a good price? Thanks Island
Old 05-30-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
275/75/17 Is a odd size, market is prob limited in that size. If you are going with a 3" lift why not 285s?
Old 05-30-2011, 09:55 PM   #3
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
good luck finding any, 265 or 285 will have a much larger market. if you're really set on 275s tho you will just have to search.. online or stop by local places
Old 05-31-2011, 12:01 AM   #4

island's Tacoma Gallery
I'm new to this and don't realy now much ,. I think 265 or 285 will do i just wanna go as close to 33's as much as i can with out to much trimming.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:18 AM   #5
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

265 and 285 is the width of your tire.( 10.43in. / 11.22in. )

as you can see its a small difference but that is going to be your main issue with trimming, not hight. if you stick witht he thinner 265s you run less of a chance of needing to trim and wont take as much of a hit to your gas milage.

do you have 16" or 17" wheels?
Old 05-31-2011, 08:51 AM   #6
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by island View Post
I'm new to this and don't realy now much ,. I think 265 or 285 will do i just wanna go as close to 33's as much as i can with out to much trimming.
No worries, it's better to ask then make a mistake. You will have to trim, but it's not as bad as you think.. I'm running 285/75/R16s and I had to do some trimming.. But nothing noticeable... If I were you, get 285/70/R17s, with a 3" lift.. There's tons of guys who ran 265/70/R17 with A 3" wishing they went with 285s instead.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:42 PM   #7
happyb has a spectacular aura abouthappyb has a spectacular aura about
Name: Brandon
happyb's Tacoma Gallery
i had 285 on with toytec coils, but have 265s on now because i need a temporary solution for rim/tire problem. 265s look tiny on a 3in lift, but the only good side is that there is no rubbing. go with the 285s and do the little trimming, you won't be disappointed.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:59 PM   #8

Ill be getting some 285/70-16 which is hardly a 32 but much more room for play. I think they're a perfect happy medium. What lift you got/ are you getting OP?
Old 05-31-2011, 03:46 PM   #9

island's Tacoma Gallery
So 285 wont be any problem on my Stock 17" wheels?
Old 05-31-2011, 05:29 PM   #10

285/70-17 = 11.22in. wide by 32.71in. tall

A 285/75 would be same width but 33.83in. tall, if i did my math correctly.. im on my phone.. sounds to me like you're looking for a 285/70...

There will be a much much bigger market in that size too

Good luck bro
Old 05-31-2011, 05:50 PM   #11

island's Tacoma Gallery
What trimming would i need for the 285/70/17 and 285/75/17?
Old 05-31-2011, 06:50 PM   #12

That you'll have to research yourself.. i don't like to speculate and I've done no actual trimming myself.. i do think youll find a lot of people who run the 70s have little to no trimming.. and they're good looking size. That would be my suggestion.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #13
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
when you get ready to buy, let me know and i'll get you some at a good great price
Old 06-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #14

island's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mescalero View Post
when you get ready to buy, let me know and i'll get you some at a good great price

Thanks really appreciate it. I just hope they SHIP to Guam USA for cheep