1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with wheels...yet again

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by jhmartin, May 31, 2011.

1. May 31, 2011 at 7:08 AM
    jhmartin

jhmartin [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Mebane, NC
    Grillcraft black mesh grill,LED taillights,emblems removed, Wet Okole seatcovers, K&N air filter, Herculiner bed, Access tonneau, more to come...
    Hi everyone....I'm a complete idiot when it comes to figuring out what wheel will fit my Tacoma so I need a little help.

I have an '04 Tacoma Pre-Runner DC with the 16" wheels. I want to get new wheels and keep the tires I have for now, 265 70 16's The wheels I'm looking at are:

Raceline Renegade 6 : Come in 16x8 16x10 and 17x9
    Blackrock Vipers: Come in 15x8 and 17x8
    Ultra Drifter

So i guess my question is, what size will work with my tires and what bolt pattern and offset will work. Any help is most appreciated!

2. May 31, 2011 at 10:16 AM
    ERIC

ERIC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Impulse Red TRD PreRunner SOLD
    Pioneer double din navi head unit and four 5x7 alpine speakers, westin light bar, procomp lights, head and tail lights, black billet grille, billet antienna, gibson headers and cat back exhaust, afe cold air, uni chip programmer, Bilstein 5100's, Pro comp wheels and tires, tint, blacked out emblems, innu roof rack, yakima basket, foglight mod...
    First off try using search before making a thread not to be a dick but you can a lot of good info thats already out there.

Bolt pattern is 6 on 5.5 or 5 on 4.5 depending on if you have a 5 or 6 lug taco.

And for tire sizes I will give you a quick lesson. the first number: 265 is the width of the tire. Second number: 70 is the height of the tire from the wheel. And the third number: 16 is the wheel size in inches.

So for a stock truck with those tires the only wheel you can run is a 16x8

As for offset the higher the offset the more inward the wheel sits. So for offsets you do not want anything lower then a 0 offset. Even with a 0 you might have to do a little trimming.

3. May 31, 2011 at 10:22 AM
    easyeatlanta

easyeatlanta Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Memphis
    Vehicle:
    14 DC Trd Off Road
    You have a pre runner so I'm gunna say 6 on 5.5 for the lug pattern and if you want those tires you should go with the 16x8

4. May 31, 2011 at 12:43 PM
    jhmartin

jhmartin [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Mebane, NC
    Grillcraft black mesh grill,LED taillights,emblems removed, Wet Okole seatcovers, K&N air filter, Herculiner bed, Access tonneau, more to come...
    Thanks a lot guys! I did do some searches but couldn't find exactly what I needed.

Products Discussed in

To Top