Notices

Help with wheels...yet again

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-31-2011, 07:08 AM   #1
jhmartin is on a distinguished road
Name: John
jhmartin's Tacoma Gallery
Help with wheels...yet again

Hi everyone....I'm a complete idiot when it comes to figuring out what wheel will fit my Tacoma so I need a little help.

I have an '04 Tacoma Pre-Runner DC with the 16" wheels. I want to get new wheels and keep the tires I have for now, 265 70 16's The wheels I'm looking at are:

Raceline Renegade 6 : Come in 16x8 16x10 and 17x9
Blackrock Vipers: Come in 15x8 and 17x8
Ultra Drifter

So i guess my question is, what size will work with my tires and what bolt pattern and offset will work. Any help is most appreciated!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
ERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
First off try using search before making a thread not to be a dick but you can a lot of good info thats already out there.

Bolt pattern is 6 on 5.5 or 5 on 4.5 depending on if you have a 5 or 6 lug taco.

And for tire sizes I will give you a quick lesson. the first number: 265 is the width of the tire. Second number: 70 is the height of the tire from the wheel. And the third number: 16 is the wheel size in inches.

So for a stock truck with those tires the only wheel you can run is a 16x8

As for offset the higher the offset the more inward the wheel sits. So for offsets you do not want anything lower then a 0 offset. Even with a 0 you might have to do a little trimming.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:22 AM   #3
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
You have a pre runner so I'm gunna say 6 on 5.5 for the lug pattern and if you want those tires you should go with the 16x8
Old 05-31-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
jhmartin is on a distinguished road
Name: John
jhmartin's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks a lot guys! I did do some searches but couldn't find exactly what I needed.