Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

REVO II - Long term Reviews

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #1
MTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to behold

MTL Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
REVO II - Long term Reviews

Hi TW,

I'm about to purchase a set of Bridgestone Revo IIs and I was wondering if i could get some feedback from those who have them on their trucks.

I would like to know the following:

-Type of driving you do (highway/offroad).
-Location/climate.
-Miles driven with them so far / How much more do you think you will get out of them?
-Highway noise level.
-Treadwear.
-Overall thoughts on this tire.

Thanks in advance for the info, i appreciate it!

Ric
Old 06-02-2011, 08:54 AM   #2
MTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to behold

Bump!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
My wife has them on her H3. mostly on road driving. they have about 13k miles on them and there is still TONS of tread left. they did really well in the snow this winter.

road noise is very minimal. she has 285-75-16's
They were on the vehicle when we bought it, came from louisianna.

I would get some for my truck but they are expensive!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:37 AM   #4
Resident Redneck
WhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
WhiskeyDeltaTango's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of the original Revo's in 265/70/16 but i figure they are pretty similar in comparison.

-I do A LOT of highway driving and A LOT off road driving. Hell i drive a lot.
-Georgia,Alabama,Mississippi,Louisiana,Texas,Arkans as,Florida (hot as hell) havent been in snow yet
-The tires were on the truck when i bought it in Oct 2010. Ive put 15000miles on them and they probably have another 8-10k.
-right now, Mine are loud as hell. sound like mudders. but im due up for a rotation so ill update in a week.
- wearing pretty even. the inside band seems the be more shallow than the sides.
-Overall: Revos grip pretty well in dirt/gravel/grasses when Im in a low gear (2 or L AT) I wish they did a little better in mud because they fill up fast like most A/Ts.

I drive "offroad" everyday i work (mainly old logging roads, back country dirt roads, ATV trails, Skidder rows). Im happy with them especially on the interstate because of the smooth ride and effective braking. The best part about them is wet pavement traction. The stability feels the same whether the pavement is wet or dry. I probably am not going to buy another set but the reason being I'm going for the Cooper st 255/85
Old 06-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #5

Thanks guys, i appreciate the feedback so far!
Old 06-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #6
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
I sell a ton of them all the feed back i get is that everyone loves them
I also have them on my truck was great in the winter
all highway driveing no noise at all great in the rain
you should see about 50.000 miles out of them
Old 06-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #7
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
I sell a ton of them all the feed back i get is that everyone loves them
I also have them on my truck was great in the winter
all highway driveing no noise at all great in the rain
you should see about 50.000 miles out of them
whats your cost on a pair 285-75-16?
Old 06-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #8

Just got them installed. Love the look, real aggressive and sporty.

Day 1 - Mileage: 40
Smooth ride and minimal road noise compared to my stock H/Ts.

I will keep you posted as I ring up the mileage!!