Notices

Wider stance help

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
RubberTank is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
RubberTank's Tacoma Gallery
Wider stance help

So I really like the way a wide stance looks and I want to do it on my truck. Ive been told I need to look for rims with 4" backspacing or offset rims or wheels spacers. I have a ver basic understanding of all of this, what is the best way to achieve a wide stance without and issue of rubbing. I have stock rims with Cooper all terrains.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You can get a set of wheel spacers like spidertrax to space the wheels out.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberTank View Post
So I really like the way a wide stance looks and I want to do it on my truck. Ive been told I need to look for rims with 4" backspacing or offset rims or wheels spacers. I have a ver basic understanding of all of this, what is the best way to achieve a wide stance without and issue of rubbing. I have stock rims with Cooper all terrains.
4" backspacing is getting to be almost too little backspacing (sticking too far out) . Some have reported rubbing with 4.0" bs. You'll want more like 4.25-4.5"

Offset and backspacing are two different ways of saying the same thing, where the wheel sits in relation to the mounting point.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:41 PM   #4
RubberTank is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
RubberTank's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
4" backspacing is getting to be almost too little backspacing (sticking too far out) . Some have reported rubbing with 4.0" bs. You'll want more like 4.25-4.5"

Offset and backspacing are two different ways of saying the same thing, where the wheel sits in relation to the mounting point.
thank you, cause I saw a truck with 4" backspace and it looked like too much.