Notices

Wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #1
535a is on a distinguished road
Name: Randy
535a's Tacoma Gallery
Wheels

Anybody else ever had problems with oem wheels peeling ? (TRD 2007)
Old 06-03-2011, 02:30 AM   #2
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
several people have from what ive read
Old 06-03-2011, 03:32 AM   #3
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
Yes...commom in salt use locations...save them for summer use and run a winter set up to stop the continued peeling.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:33 AM   #4
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
yep....

sand and paint
Old 06-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #6
535a is on a distinguished road
Name: Randy
535a's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replys. Wheels are from 2007 trd tacoma sport. I'm half afraid of getting the same wheels from somebody who replaced them from new. Then again I know people who had no problems.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:19 PM   #7
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

I picked up the same rims in super bad shape (salt)from an 03 4runner,,,just rattle canned them and use them for my winter ice tires on my Tundra. Center caps are all peeled as well.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #8
06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Cornelius Fire Department and Metro West Ambulance
Name: Robert
06TRDZombieHunter's Tacoma Gallery
Please dont hang me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarioyota View Post
I picked up the same rims in super bad shape (salt)from an 03 4runner,,,just rattle canned them and use them for my winter ice tires on my Tundra. Center caps are all peeled as well.
Dude Im sorry but those look awful... I was thinking of painting my rims black and maybe the calipers red... Glad I saw it first. I realize these are a seasonal setup but wow! Thats just my opinion, maybe several others like em?

Maybe paint the center cap?

I've decided the stock wheels painted have only so much potential and I will be saving my coin for some aftermarket wheels.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TRDZombieHunter View Post
Dude Im sorry but those look awful... I was thinking of painting my rims black and maybe the calipers red... Glad I saw it first. I realize these are a seasonal setup but wow! Thats just my opinion, maybe several others like em?

Maybe paint the center cap?

I've decided the stock wheels painted have only so much potential and I will be saving my coin for some aftermarket wheels.
Yes that pic is awful....it is not as bad as the pic.....much better from a distance......here is a pic of the truck with the winters on..
Old 06-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #10
06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Cornelius Fire Department and Metro West Ambulance
Name: Robert
06TRDZombieHunter's Tacoma Gallery
Retract my last statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarioyota View Post
Yes that pic is awful....it is not as bad as the pic.....much better from a distance......here is a pic of the truck with the winters on..
Ok, that looks much better. I knew it couldn't be as bad as that close up shot, had to be an optical illusion.