Notices

spacers input

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2011, 10:50 PM   #1
tacomazach has a spectacular aura abouttacomazach has a spectacular aura about

Name: Zach
tacomazach's Tacoma Gallery
spacers input

hey guys. recently put my stock tires on my truck with 265/75/16s and a 2.5 spacer lift. when I put them on I realized my tires were rubbing the frame. I've never heard of them rubbing the frame with this size. is something wrong? also if not im considering spacers to get the tires off the frame. what is halls input on them and what brand is better
Old 06-03-2011, 10:53 PM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomazach View Post
hey guys. recently put my stock tires on my truck with 265/75/16s and a 2.5 spacer lift. when I put them on I realized my tires were rubbing the frame. I've never heard of them rubbing the frame with this size. is something wrong? also if not im considering spacers to get the tires off the frame. what is halls input on them and what brand is better

Did you get an alignment after the lift ?
Old 06-04-2011, 01:03 AM   #3
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
wow somethig is not right here. when i had my revtek with the same size tires did not rub at all. can you measure from center of hub to bottom of fender so we can see how high your lift actually is. 26.5" is 2.5"
Old 06-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #5
tacomazach has a spectacular aura abouttacomazach has a spectacular aura about

Name: Zach
tacomazach's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Did you get an alignment after the lift ?
No. I guess I should start with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907taco View Post
wow somethig is not right here. when i had my revtek with the same size tires did not rub at all. can you measure from center of hub to bottom of fender so we can see how high your lift actually is. 26.5" is 2.5"
26.5? from the center of the hub to the bottom of the fender in the front is 22.5" and 23" in the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeson View Post
Alignment with major change of caster = you're good.
change of caster?