Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

is this right?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-08-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
snjkid372 is on a distinguished road
snjkid372's Tacoma Gallery
is this right?

well i tried my pro comp 7089s on my truck today..i tried them on before i got tires because i heard these wheels don't fit some tacomas. well i put them on and they have less than half of the thread sticking out of the wheel than my stock wheel did. is this normal? my dad is nervous because he bought the truck for me and thinks the wheels will fall off
Old 10-08-2008, 10:44 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snjkid372 View Post
well i tried my pro comp 7089s on my truck today..i tried them on before i got tires because i heard these wheels don't fit some tacomas. well i put them on and they have less than half of the thread sticking out of the wheel than my stock wheel did. is this normal? my dad is nervous because he bought the truck for me and thinks the wheels will fall off
what size is the wheel by chance........16x9 or something??
Old 10-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #3
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
How many threads are we talking? Is there something keeping it from going on all the way?
Old 10-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #4
snjkid372 is on a distinguished road
snjkid372's Tacoma Gallery
they are 16x8's. theres nothing keeping them from going in. the center of the wheel is just thicker than the stock wheels
Old 10-08-2008, 11:02 AM   #5
It's TACO time!
DFPTaco has a spectacular aura aboutDFPTaco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Josh
DFPTaco's Tacoma Gallery
just wear a helmet,you'll be fine....
Old 10-08-2008, 11:14 AM   #6
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snjkid372 View Post
are you asking about the lug nuts