1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TX|Pro Beadlocks Removeable Ring?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by VolcomTacoma, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Jun 5, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    VolcomTacoma

VolcomTacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 6 Speed Supercharged
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    I just have a quick question for anyone who has these rims, I have a 2011 DC TX|Pro edition with those "beadlock" rims. I'm trying to black out my entire truck, when I get home in a couple of weeks, so right now I'm just going off of 3 quick snapshots I took of the truck before i left for deployment 5 months ago lol.

My question is, That chrome ring around the black rims, is that removeable without deflating the tires? I'd like to be able to just paint those myself and not have to deal with a bunch of taping and/or just getting it professionally done. if anyone knows about those or has one and can check for me, I'd really appareciate it!

Thanks!

2. Jun 5, 2011 at 1:21 PM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

THExBUSxDRIVER Victory is reserved...

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    Yes, they are fakelocks lol

3. Jun 5, 2011 at 1:25 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    I've never tried to remove them but seems like just as much work as taping off... you thought of painting them something besides black for the accent? Or the magical solution to everything, plastidip!

4. Jun 5, 2011 at 1:34 PM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    Well, I'd like to be able to take them off, sand them down a bit, and throw some treatment on it and then paint them and clear coat them, and still be able to drive around if I need to, you know? I just want to make sure they aren't like an integral part of the rim itself, I was just going to try unscrewing part of it and see if air starts leaking out lol. Maybe on second thought i'll just swing by the dealer and ask them lol.

5. Jun 5, 2011 at 1:48 PM
    beyer075

beyer075 Rock Licker

Member:
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2016 White TRDOR
    Deffinately let us jnow what you find out, I've been thinking of doing the same thing.

6. Jun 5, 2011 at 1:51 PM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Hmmmmmm. What would you suggest for painting them black then? taping up the wheels/tires really well and then sanding and all that? Rattle can them or what lol?

7. Jun 5, 2011 at 10:30 PM
    Tacodog

Tacodog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Renton, Wa.
    Vehicle:
    ‘19 TRD offroad DCSB Cement
    Icon stage 1, Icon upper control arms, 17” Fuel wheels,Ridge Grapplers, TRD exhaust, leather interior.
    I do believe they come off. Have seen pics on here with them off. Being fake locks means no air loss.

8. Jun 5, 2011 at 10:31 PM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

THExBUSxDRIVER Victory is reserved...

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    As I posted in the second post, they are fake and the rings come off. They dont look half bad without em.

9. Jun 6, 2011 at 5:24 AM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Ok, cool, I was worried that the ring was actually part of the rim, IE holding the tire in place. That's good to know, Thanks again guys! I'll definitely post some pistures of the whole procedure and the afterwords as well , as soon as I get home and start working on it. Per chance are the screws just regular screws or do i need to go get some T-wrenches? Or whatever they are called, hex heads or something. We always called them T-wrenches lol.

10. Jun 8, 2011 at 9:16 PM
    scollins

scollins Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Renton WA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ford F450 STX 6.7L Powerstroke
    There are 12 T-30 torx bolts holding the ring on.

11. Jun 9, 2011 at 10:57 AM
    Revolver

Revolver Member

Member:
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    09' TRD Sport
    3" Lift w/ Icon UCA, TChaos LCA, Icon CO w/Remote Resi, K&N,
    Yes you can remove them, they come seperately wrapped in the box with the wheel. They have a clear coat on them so you will have to strip that before any paint or powedercoating. Watch the hole diameters for the screws as well if you put a thick layer of paint or powdercoat. Also there are small clear nylon washers for each screw to avoid digging into the aluminum ring. Its probably made from AL5052 or AL6061 so you could anodize them black but that will sun fade it fast. Anyway these wheels are great, I love mine!! I might be sending my set to OMF to turn them in to real beadlocks they look awesome converted- costs about $250 each wheel to convert. Anyway these are great weels made in the UK by BBS cold forged and weigh about 22lbs with the ring (lightest wheel available unles you go to the forged japanese stuff for $800 a wheel. Good backspacing and get black spline drive nuts if you can from Summit Racing with black lock nuts (pricey but worth it)Hope this helps- I need a damn spare!! anyone?? I need one more black TRD 16 wheel!!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top