Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

BFG 33/10.5/15 & Costco help

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Question BFG 33/10.5/15 & Costco help

Costco has a pretty good price for these tires installed
$175/tire
$14 install (super cheap)

But theres one problem...

I called and they said that they would only do the install if there is clearance around the tire and fender. If not they would not let me leave with the tires on.

I have eibach's in the front giving about 3", and close to 4" in the back.
How much clearance will I have with the 33/10.5 tires?

(BFG a/t KO)
Old 06-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
what kind of wheels you got?

pretty sure you have enough lift just the wheel backspacing is the only thing i can think of that would make you run into a problem
Old 06-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
they would be 3rd gen 4runner rims.
Idk the backspacing?
Old 06-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
arent most toyota stockers 5.5"?
Old 06-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
actually there 2nd gen 4runner rims.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:47 PM   #6
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Backspacing is most likley 4.5"
(3.5" came from Solid axel 4runners)

Ill check the rims when i get home to make sure.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #7
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
nevermind on this...
Costco only installs costco bought tires.

Also Sears does installs for $16.99 and they dont have any problems if the tires rub a little. (costco wouldnt install if they rub)
Old 06-07-2011, 03:57 PM   #8
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucas View Post
nevermind on this...
Costco only installs costco bought tires.

Also Sears does installs for $16.99 and they dont have any problems if the tires rub a little. (costco wouldnt install if they rub)
Not entirely true...you just have to talk to the guys in the shop.
I showed up with 4 loose wheels and tires for my toy hauler and $40 and bullshitted with one of the guys in the shop for a bit. Came back an hour later and it was done.

Also, doublecheck that price on Sears. I'm pretty sure it's $16.99 for mount/balance IF YOU BUY THE TIRES FROM THEM.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:15 PM   #9
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Not entirely true...you just have to talk to the guys in the shop.
I showed up with 4 loose wheels and tires for my toy hauler and $40 and bullshitted with one of the guys in the shop for a bit. Came back an hour later and it was done.

Also, doublecheck that price on Sears. I'm pretty sure it's $16.99 for mount/balance IF YOU BUY THE TIRES FROM THEM.
hmmm well Ill check on the Sears price befor I got down there. Im pretty sure he said free mounting and balancing is $16.99
Old 06-07-2011, 10:32 PM   #10
tanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Tanner
tanzak88's Tacoma Gallery
Costco won't install tires on a vehicle if the tires aren't factory size.

It's a liability issue. They will mount/balance though.

At least this is the way it is in Canada. Been there, done that.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:08 PM   #11
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzak88 View Post
Costco won't install tires on a vehicle if the tires aren't factory size.

It's a liability issue. They will mount/balance though.

At least this is the way it is in Canada. Been there, done that.
yeah that was my dilema. The place around here said that they would only do it is there was clearance, if not they would take them off and either refund my money, or send me some with the tires.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:14 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Any way you could just bring them the rims? Not sure if you have another truck or if you could borrow a buddy's for a little bit. They'll never know if they rub or not.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:35 AM   #13
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
I kinda solved my problem, by switching to having Sears install.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #14
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
okay.
Just in case anyone else searches this and wants to know the outcome, the 33/10.5's were put on by sears and didnt rub at all. Full turn both ways, front suspension if bilstein 5100's and eibachs.