Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Anyone running Falken A/T tires?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2011, 05:41 AM   #1
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone running Falken A/T tires?

Looking at getting some 285's but I dont want to spend a ton of monies.

Anyone have any experience with these?

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse....46640&pID=3572

Old 06-06-2011, 05:48 AM   #2
wannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
wannatoy570's Tacoma Gallery
Was just going to start the same thread! Ive been looking at them for a while now and was wondering if anyone ran them or liked them.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:48 AM   #3
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
No wild peak here but the "new" 08 came with 245/75/16 Rocky Mountains, guessing these were older model Falken ATs. Look and ride good, treadwear = 50000 so I'll have them awhile it seems. Might be considering Falkens again when going to 265/70/16s next set depending on how these hold up. So far, so good.........

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...n=MSN_Cashback
Old 06-06-2011, 05:50 AM   #4
doubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nice

doubletaco's Tacoma Gallery
Been great so far really like them.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:53 AM   #5
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

after I posted this I searched on here and saw some good reviews. I have a buddy that is a warehouse manager at a tire shop here, i think im gonna talk to him and get a set pretty soon.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:55 AM   #6
wannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What size are you thinking?
Old 06-06-2011, 05:56 AM   #7

285/75/16
Old 06-06-2011, 06:00 AM   #8

me too, the price isnt bad either and they have a 50,000 mile tread life warranty on them.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:02 AM   #9

heres a pic of them on my buddys truck

Old 06-06-2011, 06:03 AM   #10

i love how wide they are! how does he like them?
Old 06-06-2011, 06:17 AM   #11

I think he has only had them for a week or two so im not sure. he only drives on road too.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:30 AM   #12

here is another pic of them. Im gonna call about them today
Old 06-06-2011, 08:01 AM   #13
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
bicycle tire wrapped sliders ftw?
Old 06-06-2011, 08:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
bicycle tire wrapped sliders ftw?
lol I just noticed that! maybe they are old and affraid of slipping off of them
Old 06-06-2011, 09:01 AM   #15
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
lol I just noticed that! maybe they are old and affraid of slipping off of them
haha probably
Old 06-06-2011, 12:44 PM   #16
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
If I was to switch from MTs to ATs, the Wild Peaks/Rocky Mountians and ATMs are the two I would choose from.

Also the Falkens come in every size you can imagine.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:59 PM   #17
Dakota 08 is on a distinguished road
Dakota 08's Tacoma Gallery
I had them in 265/75/16 and while I was happy with the look, I was not happy with their physical weight. Falken only offered this tire size in a 10 ply, load range E which made them fuggin' heavey... 56 lbs. to be exact. I had them mounted and noticed a tremendouse power loss right away. Took them off, sold them to a guy with a duramax, and picked up Hankook Dynapro ATs. Much, much happier.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:01 PM   #18
samhain will become famous soon enoughsamhain will become famous soon enough
Name: Brandon
samhain's Tacoma Gallery
I also have these and they are very heavy. They look badass, are very quiet and seem to be wearing very well. Next time, I will be buying a lighter tire. BTW, I have the 285/75/16 size.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #19
mxrdr21 is on a distinguished road
mxrdr21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain View Post
I also have these and they are very heavy. They look badass, are very quiet and seem to be wearing very well. Next time, I will be buying a lighter tire. BTW, I have the 285/75/16 size.

Resurrecting an old thread, but what size lift do you have on your truck?
Old 10-11-2012, 05:49 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrdr21 View Post
Resurrecting an old thread, but what size lift do you have on your truck?
looks like a 2"-2.5"