Notices

Need new tires, What should i get?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2011, 07:58 AM   #1
fuentes89 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jose Fuentes
fuentes89's Tacoma Gallery
Need new tires, What should i get?

I just purchased a 2005 Tacoma 4 door PreRunner 2wd, with only 80,000 miles on it. The truck itself is stock but it will need new tires soon. I am looking for a tire that performs well in the rain and has a long thread life. I want to Run 265/75/r16 since its the biggest tire size i can run

My driving conditions:
Mostly small asphalt roads in town but since i work in a construction company that does land clearing and ponds, i am sometimes in dirt roads, small mud puddles, and areas where we are doing a job but there are no established roads.
SO i guess i'm looking for a non noisy tire that looks nice, performs great, and has great mileage.

Any help?

truck currently runs 265-70-16 going to 265-75-16
Old 06-06-2011, 08:01 AM   #2
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
BFG A/T or Nitto Terra Grapplers IMO....
Old 06-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
All of these threads just turn into people telling you get whatever tires they have themselves. Therefore I say get hankook dynapro atm's

Seriously though, tire rack is your best bet for tire reviews.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #4
espdtrd11
espdtrd08 has a spectacular aura aboutespdtrd08 has a spectacular aura about

espdtrd08's Tacoma Gallery
Recommend Nitto's Terra grappler

Here are my Nitto 265 70 17. Ride is good with a very slight hmm.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #5
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
All of these threads just turn into people telling you get whatever tires they have themselves. Therefore I say get hankook dynapro atm's

Seriously though, tire rack is your best bet for tire reviews.
x2
Old 06-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #6
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
can't go wrong with bfg a/t's
Old 06-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #7
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
pm me when you figure out what you want...we just got done with a group buy on here and i'll see if i can still squeeze you in, assuming youre wanting to buy soon and not like 3 months from now
Old 06-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #8
tacorebel is on a distinguished road

Name: Charles
tacorebel's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I had seen this earlier. I just ordered a set of AT tires.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #9
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacorebel View Post
I wish I had seen this earlier. I just ordered a set of AT tires.
Hey youre right down the road from me...cheers!
Old 06-09-2011, 05:31 AM   #10
tacorebel is on a distinguished road

Name: Charles
tacorebel's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, cool to find a forum member that close. My address is Seneca but I live right across the lake from Clemson just inside Oconee Co.
I have some tires on order from Black's Tires in Westminster, or I would be interested in that group buy. I'll keep it in mind for next time.
Cheers.