Notices

6" lift and 35's, what size wheel? 20's? please help

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2011, 12:20 PM   #1
Banned
sublimetaco will become famous soon enough
Name: Michael
sublimetaco's Tacoma Gallery
What black wheels... help me find some UNIQUE choices!

Ok. so i will be getting a super white 2011 4wd and lifting it 6" and putting 35's.

help me find some good black wheels that aren't played out...

thanks guy!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimetaco View Post
My friend has 35's and 22's and it looks great. but i see some on here that don't look enough like an "off road" truck anymore.

i wont be doing a TON of offroading which is why i am getting 35's.

anyone want to help me find some unique 20's maybe?

i don't know what offset or anything to purchase either...

HELP THIS NOOB lol
Most folks on here are going to say 18's MAX, but it's your truck so do what you like
Old 06-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Most folks on here are going to say 18's MAX, but it's your truck so do what you like
yeah a few of my friends said the same thing. so i get it.

whats the best place to wheel search?
Old 06-06-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
www.rimsntires.com
Old 06-06-2011, 12:39 PM   #5
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
bigger rims also means much more expensive tires
Old 06-06-2011, 12:40 PM   #6
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: National Strike Force
mjohn617's Tacoma Gallery
A monthy magazine from a book store always has the collection of tires and wheels, hit up a magazine or book store.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
yeah a few of my friends said the same thing. so i get it.

whats the best place to wheel search?
Right here: Rims
Old 06-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedToy View Post
thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
bigger rims also means much more expensive tires
yeah i know. it sucks. but i think 20's look nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohn617 View Post
A monthy magazine from a book store always has the collection of tires and wheels, hit up a magazine or book store.
good idea! yeah ill do that
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Right here: Rims
no kidding! i didnt even know what google was! lol jk

i asked where to search because i know some people know which websites are better or worse for certain things. seeing is how i am nood to toyota AND trucks. i am trying to learn. sorry if i inconvenienced you.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #9
Banned
sorry for the double post. it wouldnt let me go advanced on the other post.

Can someone tell me what size lift, wheels and tires is on this blue taco please?
Attached Thumbnails
6" lift and 35's, what size wheel? 20's? please help-img_7228.jpg  
Old 06-06-2011, 07:33 PM   #10
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sorry for the double post. it wouldnt let me go advanced on the other post.

Can someone tell me what size lift, wheels and tires is on this blue taco please?
I'm guessing 4" spindles, 20's and 33's
Old 06-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #11
Banned
Quote:
i found the photo in the 6" lift thread but nobody had their name on it. so i dont know whose it is.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #12
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i dont think those are spindles because he's got the stabilizer bars.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:41 PM   #13
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantac09 View Post
X2
Old 06-06-2011, 09:31 PM   #14
Banned
So then 6" lift. Are the 35's with 20's?
Old 06-06-2011, 09:50 PM   #15
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
ProComp, XD, Konig, American Racing, ATX, Fuel, Dick Cepek, Moto Metal: are all popular makers of off-road aluminum tires and wheels, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few big ones.

TW hates on 4 Wheel Parts, but they've got a pretty big selection of tires and wheels available, and if you go into the store and ask they probably give you their throw around magazine and another rag or two that has lots of photos of lots of styles of rims.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:24 PM   #16
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
ProComp, XD, Konig, American Racing, ATX, Fuel, Dick Cepek, Moto Metal: are all popular makers of off-road aluminum tires and wheels, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few big ones.

TW hates on 4 Wheel Parts, but they've got a pretty big selection of tires and wheels available, and if you go into the store and ask they probably give you their throw around magazine and another rag or two that has lots of photos of lots of styles of rims.
Thank you! I will check on those. I'm slowly trying to learn about this stuff
Old 06-07-2011, 05:58 AM   #17
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantac09 View Post
True I can see the stabilizer for the drop bracket now. I was on my phone yesterday when I posted and I couldn't make those out.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:02 AM   #18
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on what look you are looking for, for more of a showtruck look, id say 20's, but in my opinion 16's, 17's and 18's at the biggest look toughest
Old 06-07-2011, 06:24 AM   #19
pinchetaco is just really nicepinchetaco is just really nicepinchetaco is just really nicepinchetaco is just really nice
pinchetaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have 18s on mine and it looks amazing IMO
Old 06-07-2011, 06:53 AM   #20
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchetaco View Post
I have 18s on mine and it looks amazing IMO
Post pics!

Or show me some 6" and 35's with 18's so I know what it looks like