Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheel Spacers

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #1
Any place is comfortable if you make it that way
montes6173 is a jewel in the roughmontes6173 is a jewel in the roughmontes6173 is a jewel in the rough

Marines: Sgt. CH-53E Mech/Crew Chief
Name: Christopher
montes6173's Tacoma Gallery
Question Wheel Spacers

I've been wanting to put some spacers on my stock wheels. I have a 05 TRD Off-Road Tacoma. i was just wondering if anyone can give me some tips or anything on what i might need. Also which ones would be the best both price and performance. From what i read it seems easy but i would like some info before I start with this project. Thank
Old 06-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty simple. Spidertrax 1.25" Hubcentric Wheel Spacers.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Thats what I got. They are doing fine.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #4
SR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
SR54x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
X 1,200,345,304,627!!!!

they are what i run and many others on here run. best you can get for the money. you dont want to cheap out on spacers. the horror stories you hear about them are usually about the lug centric cheaper ones.
also, make sure you use a torque wrench and torque them to spec. dont skip out on that part.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:02 PM   #5
Eh?
Dibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Dibblit's Tacoma Gallery
I have the spider traxx spacers intalled, it was easy to do and I have not had a problem yet.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:06 PM   #6
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Taco 22 View Post
Thats what I got. They are doing fine.
i run the same. cost a bit, but they are worth it. install is simple too, especially since they are hubcentric.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #7
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Don't forget the All Pro Off-Road wheel spacers. I've heard good things about them on here. I ordered a set of 4 and am waiting for their shipment to come in so they can send them out to me. When I contacted them through TW she said she would throw in the e/t lug nuts for the fronts for free!!! The spacers are $79 for a set of 2. I'll post up some pics whenever I get them and put them on.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:52 PM   #9
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This
Old 06-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #10
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
The only difference between the Allpro and Spidertrax is that the Allpro ones are not anodized, so take that into consideration depending if you live in the salt belt.
Yeah but they're both aluminum soo...
Old 06-06-2011, 07:33 PM   #11
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
The only difference between the Allpro and Spidertrax is that the Allpro ones are not anodized, so take that into consideration depending if you live in the salt belt.

Good call. I live in desert so I'm lucky and don't have to worry about that.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #12
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, Spidertraxx. Install is as easy as swapping a spare, just with 6 extra nuts.

1. jack up vehicle, remove wheel.
2. place spacer on, 2 drops of Locktite (in kit) on the truck's studs, install and torque 6 nuts to spec per instructions. (70-80ftlbs I believe)
3. Install wheel onto spacer as you would normally instal the wheel. No need to Locktite the studs on the spacer.
4. Repeat 1-3 on the other 3 corners.

Tip: if you are 4x4, put the vehicle in 4wd before jacking. This way the front hubs won't spin on you when you're tightening the spacer nuts. If not 4x4, just deal with it.

As mentioned before, go get/borrow a torque wrench if you don't already have one; get the 2 sizes of sockets you need: I think the Spidertraxx has 17mm nuts... I think.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #13
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is true, I just figure I'd throw that info out there. I would think the Allpro ones would be a little more susceptible to corrosion, and this would also explain the price difference between Allpro and spidertrax.
It explains it I just wish we could get some concrete info on the differences. I mean people could save 40 bucks and get the same result..maybe. I'm not complaining though I got my spider trax for Christmas
Old 06-06-2011, 07:59 PM   #14

Got this from the websites.

All Spidertrax Wheel Spacer Kits come complete with 2 6061T6 anodized aluminum wheel spacers, pre-installed wheel studs, lugnuts, and Loctite. Proudly manufactured in the United States of America.

The All-Pro wheel spacers add extra width to the front or rear of your Toyota axle. Spacers have 6 holes for easy installation. 'ET' style lug nuts with a deeper taper are also available and are recommended for more thread engagement on the factory stud with thicker wheels. Wheel attaches to studs on spacer with stock lug nuts. Easy bolt-on installation, no removal of studs is needed and installation can be performed in just minutes. 6 on 5.5" pattern. Made from Billet 6061-T6 aluminum. Includes two spacers and acorn style lug nuts.

This link explains what anodizing does to aluminum.

http://www.anodizing.org/FAQ/faqs.html
Old 06-06-2011, 07:59 PM   #15
Any place is comfortable if you make it that way
montes6173 is a jewel in the roughmontes6173 is a jewel in the roughmontes6173 is a jewel in the rough

Marines: Sgt. CH-53E Mech/Crew Chief
Name: Christopher
montes6173's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for all the info. that helps out alot and answered all my questions. If i can fix helicopters im sure i can figure out how to work on my truck.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:14 PM   #16
lockwire24 is on a distinguished road

Navy: GSM2
Name: Mark
lockwire24's Tacoma Gallery
Something else to keep in mind and I am glad I ask is some tire places like les schwab and firestone will not take off tires with spacers for liability reasons. You will have to take your truck to an off road dealership.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #17
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwire24 View Post
Something else to keep in mind and I am glad I ask is some tire places like les schwab and firestone will not take off tires with spacers for liability reasons. You will have to take your truck to an off road dealership.
Not true from my experience. I stopped by several 'big places' and had no issue with my spacers causing denied work. I've also heard that Discount tire is the only place that will absolutely not work on truck with spacers... but they worked on mine without even a comment. These have mostly been for rotations... maybe the policy changes with new tire install or something..?

Plus, the Spidertraxx look slick enough that the average tire shop employee probaly wouldn't even notice, if you don't say anything. Again, I've never had an issue; but I don't doubt some shops could potentialy deny service from them, just go across the street to the next shop if they do.