Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Black steelies

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Black steelies

I tried looking and searching but I cant find it. But I was looking for the post (sticky I think) somewhere where it showed good black steelies to buy with good backspacing. Anyone know what Im talking about?
Old 06-08-2011, 06:51 AM   #3
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
look up soft 8 black steel rims

they look hell of alot better than wheelers imo

found it for you
Old 06-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #4
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
I tried looking and searching but I cant find it. But I was looking for the post (sticky I think) somewhere where it showed good black steelies to buy with good backspacing. Anyone know what Im talking about?
I like the procomps better than either...

http://www.procompusa.com/productlin...09&ptID=100021
Old 06-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #5
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
i didnt like their version ofthe soft 8 but the d-holes are nice. i know theres a generic d-hole style rim thats about 50bucks each
Old 06-08-2011, 07:06 AM   #6
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
i didnt like their version ofthe soft 8 but the d-holes are nice. i know theres a generic d-hole style rim thats about 50bucks each
is that whats on you truck?
Old 06-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #7

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
yeah the same as the ones in that pic i posted
Old 06-08-2011, 07:09 AM   #8

Quote:
yeah the same as the ones in that pic i posted
what were the specs of them? 16" and what else? thanks
Old 06-08-2011, 07:13 AM   #9

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
mine are 15" but 2nd gens have to run 16" and youll want atleast 4.5" backspacing mine are 4.125" BS.

youll also need to run a small spacer to cause steel rims seat closer to the hub than alloy rims so a 1/4" universal spacer will clear the caliper for you. ive had mine on for a couple of years with zero problems
Old 06-08-2011, 07:14 AM   #10
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
look up soft 8 black steel rims

they look hell of alot better than wheelers imo

found it for you

this one...

Old 06-08-2011, 07:15 AM   #11

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
^^^that one is fugly
Old 06-08-2011, 07:16 AM   #12
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^^that one is fugly
much nicer and cleaner than the cragar.... no glossy, and the dimples look very dated.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:18 AM   #13

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
the gloss on mine is so dirty its flat. the straight cut looks... cheap
Old 06-08-2011, 07:21 AM   #14
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the gloss on mine is so dirty its flat. the straight cut looks... cheap
lol. straight cuts look clean, dimples mean cheap, stamped - and look like it. gloss has been out for some time (i never liked it anyway, even when it was in).

and some people wash their cars. sad for someone to have to hide something with dirt to make it look better.

although maybe your money would be better spent on a rollbar..
Old 06-08-2011, 07:23 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodygg View Post
lol. straight cuts look clean, dimples mean cheap, stamped - and look like it. gloss has been out for some time (i never liked it anyway, even when it was in).

and some people wash their cars. sad for someone to have to hide something with dirt to make it look better.

although maybe your money would be better spent on a rollbar..
lol dick
Old 06-08-2011, 07:25 AM   #16

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
i tend to wheel the piss out of my truck and why wash it when im just going to wheel it in a week? i could wash my rims and they still wouldnt be glossy like they were brand new. i bet if you took a poll the soft 8s would win
Old 06-08-2011, 07:28 AM   #17
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
lol dick
lol... couldn't resist... look at his pic!
Old 06-08-2011, 07:31 AM   #18

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
for such an insult i demand that you donate to my cause and send me your truck.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:43 AM   #20
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
for such an insult i demand that you donate to my cause and send me your truck.
lol... you'd hate my truck... it's a work in progress, just started modding it. pic makes it look like it's not level, it's the angle of the pic and slope of the ground. it sits pretty level.