Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

duratrac question

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
duratrac question

Quick question on duratracs. I have read a of of reviews about these tires that say that the sidewalls are crap, and are very unstable on the freeways. I'm just wondering how plausible this is since most of the reviews were a few years back. Is this a problem that goodyear has fixed? still a problem?
Old 06-08-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I'm on my 2nd set now (upgraded from 265's to 285's)...no issues with the sidewalls
Old 06-08-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I just really think people like to bitch.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:36 AM   #5
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHansen View Post
this^

nothing is ever good enough for some people.

X3 I have 33/12.5/15's with no sway bar and I can still hit corners just as fast as I could before the DuraTracks. And they handle just fine on the freeway to me.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #6
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
You are probably right, but when it comes to spending that much money, i like to see all that I'm getting into, you know? Also, for a 2nd gen, you want your wheel backspacing to be as close to 4.5 as you can, correct?
Old 06-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #7
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
very stable, great traction, look great, but sidewalls are prone to damage when wheelin...

overall great tires...
am i happy with my purchase...yes, very
would i buy them next time around...probably not, i'd go with something with a more durable sidewall for wheelin purposes..unless i buy a wheelin rig, then yes i'd probably buy again for their great traction in snow and ice
Old 06-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #8
mac360 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
mac360's Tacoma Gallery
I have the C rated and I have loaded my truck down with no issues.. Been in snow and mud but no serious wheeling.. I think they perform great.