Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

should i buy these tires?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-08-2008, 09:24 PM   #1
KaliTaco is on a distinguished road
KaliTaco's Tacoma Gallery
should i buy these tires?

i have 17x9 rims coming and shopping for tires. offset on the rims is zero and backspacing is at 5.0

there is a guy selling these new tires for a great price but its not 265 like i wanted its 255/75/17

will this work on my rim? my billys 5100 adj came today so i'm doing 2.5 in the front and rear tsb. so will this setup work without trimming?

Old 10-08-2008, 09:38 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
That averages out to a 32 size tire i say your fine what kind of a deal you getting if ya dont mind me asking.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:48 PM   #3
255 will fit on 17x9? cool. 100 each. total 400 local guy.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:51 PM   #4
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Damn good price
Old 10-08-2008, 09:52 PM   #5
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
400 bucks?! thats steal isnt it. hook me up too!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:57 PM   #6
got this off bfg site for these tires

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/specs...a-km/1152.html

255 is for 6.5 to 8.5 rim width. guess i cant get these.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:01 PM   #7
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Got ya! tirerack sells them for 94.00ea
Old 10-08-2008, 10:56 PM   #8
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliTaco View Post
got this off bfg site for these tires

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/specs...a-km/1152.html

255 is for 6.5 to 8.5 rim width. guess i cant get these.
i have the 255's mounted on some 17x9's..... they're a little too narrow for the wheels but they do work ok with it. you can see them in some of the pics in my gallery
Old 10-09-2008, 05:51 AM   #9
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliTaco View Post
i have 17x9 rims coming and shopping for tires. offset on the rims is zero and backspacing is at 5.0

there is a guy selling these new tires for a great price but its not 265 like i wanted its 255/75/17

will this work on my rim? my billys 5100 adj came today so i'm doing 2.5 in the front and rear tsb. so will this setup work without trimming?

that is a older tire bfg now has a new part # for that tire
ck dot no# 1st
Old 10-09-2008, 11:34 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
i have the 255's mounted on some 17x9's..... they're a little too narrow for the wheels but they do work ok with it. you can see them in some of the pics in my gallery

any rubbing issue with these 255/75/17? with billy's 2.5 front lift?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:28 PM   #11
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i have 3" coil spacers on factory shocks now, but my bumper weighed down the front a little, probably to about 2-1/2" of lift and they only rub the frame rail very slightly on full lock when the suspension compressed a little off road. i don't have bumper clearance issues because of my bumper i built but there really shouldn't be any on the factory bumper or if there is it would be so minor it could be easily dealt with by a little trimming with a dremel tool.