Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

aftermarket rims on stock BFG rugged trail

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
Warrenboy22 is on a distinguished road
Warrenboy22's Tacoma Gallery
aftermarket rims on stock BFG rugged trail

anyone put aftermarket rims on their stock BFG rugged trail? i have enough money to either get rims or tires. i have a revtech leveling kit. What is yall's opinion?
Old 06-09-2011, 06:16 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrenboy22 View Post
anyone put aftermarket rims on their stock BFG rugged trail? i have enough money to either get rims or tires. i have a revtech leveling kit. What is yall's opinion?
The rugged trails are about the worst tire money can buy, so I'd get new tires.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You can do it but read above. The tires suck.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:21 PM   #4
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Stock wheels are good if you plan on getting into some rough off road cuz they will be scratched and nicked at least.
It won't make you cry when it happens.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Tires before rims.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #6
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The Rugged Trail, being basically a street tire , is relatively light. If you are building a mall crawler, pairing the tire with Volk TE37 (or imitation) will reduce unsprung weight significantly, so you get slightly better ride over potholes and may see a MPG gain.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
Warrenboy22 is on a distinguished road
Warrenboy22's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for yalls input. i think im gunna get a set of bfg all terrains..maybe some 285's or something. i think i can fit those with my leveling kit