Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheel fitment confirmation (Procomp, KMC...)

View Poll Results: Which one will fit?
Procomp Series 52 1 25.00%
KMC Enduro 3 75.00%
Black Rock 942 0 0%
American Racing Chamber 0 0%
Other (similar style please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel fitment confirmation (Procomp, KMC...)

Hi there. I'm in the process of deciding which wheels to get for my 2007 4x4 DC TRD Sport Tacoma. I narrowed it down to a few that I like. I would really appreciate if you could confirm that my selection does actually fit my truck. I'm downsizing from 17 to 16s. If they would stick out just a bit more than the stock ones that would be fine but not too much as don't have any lift and would probably look stupid.

I currently have stock TRD Sport wheels I think they are 17x7.5, +30 mm offset, 5.5" backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, 108 mm hub bore according to the sticky thread.

I would like to know for sure what will work before I order.

1) Procomp Series 52 Flat Black (16x8, 6x5.5, 4.25BS)
http://www.procompusa.com/prodDetail...21&plID=101829

2) KMC Enduro (16x8, 6x5.5, 0mm)
http://kmcwheels.com/wheels/?wheelid...upid=36&page=1

3) Black Rock Type D Series 942 (16x8, 6x5.5, -6offset, 4 1/4"bs OR 16x8, 6x5.5, 13offset, 5bs)
http://www.blackrockwheels.com/produ...TypeDSeries942

4) American Racing Chamber (16x8, 6x5.5, 0mm, 4 1/4bs)
http://www.americanracingwheelsinfo....on_Chamber.htm
Old 06-13-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
Hi there. I'm in the process of deciding which wheels to get for my 2007 4x4 DC TRD Sport Tacoma. I narrowed it down to a few that I like. I would really appreciate if you could confirm that my selection does actually fit my truck. I'm downsizing from 17 to 16s. If they would stick out just a bit more than the stock ones that would be fine but not too much as don't have any lift and would probably look stupid.

I currently have stock TRD Sport wheels I think they are 17x7.5, +30 mm offset, 5.5" backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, 108 mm hub bore according to the sticky thread.

I would like to know for sure what will work before I order.

1) Procomp Series 52 Flat Black (16x8, 6x5.5, 4.25BS)
http://www.procompusa.com/prodDetail...21&plID=101829

2) KMC Enduro (16x8, 6x5.5, 0mm)
http://kmcwheels.com/wheels/?wheelid...upid=36&page=1

3) Black Rock Type D Series 942 (16x8, 6x5.5, -6offset, 4 1/4"bs OR 16x8, 6x5.5, 13offset, 5bs)
http://www.blackrockwheels.com/produ...TypeDSeries942

4) American Racing Chamber (16x8, 6x5.5, 0mm, 4 1/4bs)
http://www.americanracingwheelsinfo....on_Chamber.htm
What size tires do you want to run?

And I'm not sure the Rock Crawlers clear the calipers on Tacomas.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
SPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
SPORT's Tacoma Gallery
For your Gen II Tacoma, I'd say #4.

You can also turn this into a poll to get a better impression of members opinions.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #4
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Most likely I will get 265/70/16 or maybe 265/75/16 (now I have 265/65/17)

Just want to downsize to 16s and save some $ on tires while having wheels that I like.

When my shocks will need to be replaced I will probably pick up a set of 4 5100's set @ 0 with Eibach springs or similar for a very small lift/level up. Already have 4 leaf rear (Canadian Taco) so 265's will be just find I'm thinking...
Old 06-13-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
If all you want to fit is 265's, then anywhere between 4.5" and 5.5" backspacing will work.

Here's a handy chart to help you convert width and offset to backspacing. (1/3rd down the page)

https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html
Old 06-13-2011, 02:10 PM   #6

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
If all you want to fit is 265's, then anywhere between 4.5" and 5.5" backspacing will work.

Here's a handy chart to help you convert width and offset to backspacing. (1/3rd down the page)

https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html
So some of them are 4.25bs that I listed. Will they just stick out too much or will not even work? I will look take a closer look at that chart when I have more time after work.

the 942's (option 3) with 13 offset and 5bs would then be the closest to stock?
Old 06-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #7
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
the ATX chambers are discontinued, its nearly impossible to find them.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #8
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So some of them are 4.25bs that I listed. Will they just stick out too much or will not even work? I will look take a closer look at that chart when I have more time after work.

the 942's (option 3) with 13 offset and 5bs would then be the closest to stock?
You an probably sqeek by with the 4.25" bs.

The 942s you listed above will stick out 1.75"!more than your stockers because they have 1.25" less bs, and are 0.5" wider.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #9

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You an probably sqeek by with the 4.25" bs.

The 942s you listed above will stick out 1.75"!more than your stockers because they have 1.25" less bs, and are 0.5" wider.
Stick out by 1"? Since they are 0.5" wider and 0.5" less bs. Correct? I was going with the one with 13mm offset and 5bs version. Idk is that too much? Im not sure how to visualize that how it would actually look on the truck. I can't find bs for the enduros and offset info for the procomp.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #10
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Stick out by 1"? Since they are 0.5" wider and 0.5" less bs. Correct? I was going with the one with 13mm offset and 5bs version. Idk is that too much? Im not sure how to visualize that how it would actually look on the truck. I can't find bs for the enduros and offset info for the procomp.
The ones you listed in your above post are 16x8, 4.25" bs. So they will stick out 1.75" more than stock.

But if you choose the 5" bs ones, then you are correct, the will stick out 1" further than stock.

The offset on the procomps is going to be -6 (4.25" bs on a 8" wide wheel), and the backspacing on the enduros is going to be 4.5" (0 offset on an 8" wide wheel)
Old 06-13-2011, 03:26 PM   #11
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
rock crawler series will only fit with a 3.75 bs. 87 series is what I have I'm not sure on the 52's
Old 06-14-2011, 01:06 PM   #12

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like its quite difficult to find something in 16's that will fit. I also found these Cragar Soft 8's which are 16x8 6x5.5 13mm, 5bs same specs as the Black Rock 942's.

Is anyone running wheels with same specs? I would really like to see some pics on a truck especially how it sticks out.

Any other 16's similar style suggestions?
Old 06-14-2011, 01:08 PM   #13
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looks like its quite difficult to find something in 16's that will fit. I also found these Cragar Soft 8's which are 16x8 6x5.5 13mm, 5bs same specs as the Black Rock 942's.

Is anyone running wheels with same specs? I would really like to see some pics on a truck especially how it sticks out.

Any other 16's similar style suggestions?
The Soft 8's rub the calipers.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:17 PM   #14

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The Soft 8's rub the calipers.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:14 PM   #15

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
I just purchased the American Racing Mojave Teflon 16x8 rims with Yokohama Geolander AT/S 265/75/16 tires of of local classifieds yesterday.

1) Just wanted to confirm they will actually fit my TRD Sport. I thought I remember seeing a few guys running them here on TW so I bought them. I understand they will be sticking out more than stock which is fine.

2) Anyone has experience with these particular tires in 265/75/16 without lift? According to sticky thread they should be the largest size I can run without rubbing. Maybe I will have to loose mud flaps?

3) I purchased rims, tires and lug nuts, but not center caps or TPMS. Should I look for center caps for these? I know many people do not use center caps because of looks. Should I be using caps or it does not matter whatsoever. I will run these only in summer as I have a dedicated winter set now.

4) How do these tires compare to other popular All Terrains such as Duratracs or BFG AT KO's?

5) Also which type of tire pressure sensors will fit these wheels? I understand not the stock ones?

Old 11-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #16
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just purchased the American Racing Mojave Teflon 16x8 rims with Yokohama Geolander AT/S 265/75/16 tires of of local classifieds yesterday.

1) Just wanted to confirm they will actually fit my TRD Sport. I thought I remember seeing a few guys running them here on TW so I bought them. I understand they will be sticking out more than stock which is fine.

2) Anyone has experience with these particular tires in 265/75/16 without lift? According to sticky thread they should be the largest size I can run without rubbing. Maybe I will have to loose mud flaps?

3) I purchased rims, tires and lug nuts, but not center caps or TPMS. Should I look for center caps for these? I know many people do not use center caps because of looks. Should I be using caps or it does not matter whatsoever. I will run these only in summer as I have a dedicated winter set now.

4) How do these tires compare to other popular All Terrains such as Duratracs or BFG AT KO's?

5) Also which type of tire pressure sensors will fit these wheels? I understand not the stock ones?

The mojaves will clear the calipers fine. Your toms will work on these if you have stock alloys. If you have steel wheels, the sup can use tpms straps to get them to fit as well.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #17

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The mojaves will clear the calipers fine. Your toms will work on these if you have stock alloys. If you have steel wheels, the sup can use tpms straps to get them to fit as well.
Thanks KPT, I will shop for a set of sensors from 16 or 17 factory alloys then.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #18
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks KPT, I will shop for a set of sensors from 16 or 17 factory alloys then.
You don't still have the sensors from you stock wheels?
Old 11-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #19

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You don't still have the sensors from you stock wheels?
I do but they are my winter rims now, so I will need another set.