Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Nitto Trail Grapplers vs Cooper ST Maxx

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
MMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant future
EMS:
Name: Michael
MMazz365's Tacoma Gallery
Nitto Trail Grapplers vs Cooper ST Maxx

I'm trying to decide on which set of tires to get... i am going to start commuting more on the high way but still will do a good amount of off roading. i want something with good mpg and good tread life.. thanks

Cooper ST Maxx ^

Nitto Trail Grapplers
Old 06-13-2011, 10:50 PM   #3
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Get the ST MAx, just so we can have your review...
Old 06-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
2 totally different tires really... If 90% is highway then I say the Coopers. Plus the Trail grapps are meant to mainly be for full sized trucks... most are 'E' load rated and would ride really stiff on a lightweight Tacoma
Old 06-13-2011, 11:17 PM   #5
GSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGSD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GSD's Tacoma Gallery
The Nitto's do look really sweet, but you are right about full sized trucks. My buddy has them on a Ford platinum.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:04 AM   #6
MMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant future
EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
Get the ST MAx, just so we can have your review...
Haha im thinking about it
Old 06-14-2011, 07:06 AM   #7
EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
2 totally different tires really... If 90% is highway then I say the Coopers. Plus the Trail grapps are meant to mainly be for full sized trucks... most are 'E' load rated and would ride really stiff on a lightweight Tacoma
yeah, considering im going to college soon and will be commuting 200 miles about once or twice a month, i should prob get the coopers... and yeah i know what you mean about the e load rated grapplers... i just think they look awesome
Old 06-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #10
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
Until I see something out of the ordinary about the Coopers, I am pretty much sold on them.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #11
EMS:
I'm about sold on the coopers. I just hope the look isn't too different than my mt tires
Old 07-12-2011, 12:04 PM   #15
blackyota is on a distinguished road
Name: Corey
blackyota's Tacoma Gallery
I have the trail grapplers, there great soo far!!! They're really quiet at first, but i have 20,000 miles on them now, and there louder. But they are a mud tire. Pull really well in every situation that i have put them in.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:35 PM   #16
Rhum.
RugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-B
Name: Paul
RugbyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Coopers!!! They look real nice, whats the price on them? I would also recommend the Duratracs as they basically look like a MT but so far mine perform like an aggressive AT. Good for highway/street and offroad. If the Coopers are a good price I might get some