Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Goodyear MT/R kevlar tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
Madams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to behold
Madams's Tacoma Gallery
Goodyear MT/R kevlar tires

How good are the Goodyear MT/R kevlar on and off road, also most important thing is the mileage, I want to get my moneys worth out of these tires. This might be the next tire Im going with in 33x12.50r15. Read some of the reports on these tires on different tacoma websites and all positive feed back.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:25 PM   #3
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
So you've read nothing but positive reviews and you're still asking?
Old 06-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #5
Madams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to behold
Madams's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help. Whats yalls opinion on these tires.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #7
Madams's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
No problem bud
welcome
Old 06-15-2011, 05:21 PM   #8
kidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to behold
Name: Simon
kidrockcrawler's Tacoma Gallery
I have these tires on my Jeep wrangler. Absolute perfect tire great off-road and isn't that loud on road virtually no wearing after a year and a half gas mileage does suffer a little but definately worth it.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:25 PM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Lrgrnr on here is running them and loves them...no experience with em personally but they are a solid tire it seems and have been proven on many o' terrain...with any aggressive tire, the street part is an issue with wearing as its usually a softer rubber...so take that for what its worth
Old 06-15-2011, 05:25 PM   #10
kidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to behold
Name: Simon
kidrockcrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Great tire. Looks outstanding wears great little noisy and MPG suffers a little but if you get these tires you will absolutely love them. Great looks decent price and wears like an all terrain.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:35 PM   #11
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
If, as you wrote, "the most important thing is the mileage"

First did you mean gas mileage or long wearing mileage?

For gas mileage you're going to want a "P" rather than "LT" tire and one with less aggressive tread -- maybe Nitto terra grapplers?

For wear, still too early to say, but I'm sure as heck not getting 50,000 miles on my MTR Kevlars, based on the amount of wear in the first 9000 miles. Again, less aggressive tread if mileage is your most important criterion.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #12
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post

For gas mileage you're going to want a "P" rather than "LT" tire and one with less aggressive tread -- maybe Nitto terra grapplers?

For wear, still too early to say, but I'm sure as heck not getting 50,000 miles on my MTR Kevlars, based on the amount of wear in the first 9000 miles. Again, less aggressive tread if mileage is your most important criterion.
NTGs are LT Tires as well
Old 06-15-2011, 05:37 PM   #13
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
I think they swing both ways.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:51 PM   #14
Madams's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post

The fuckin wear mileage. damn. Its called read between the lines. dumbass I just want a most aggresive all terrain in 33x12.50. Dont want bfg a/t or duratrac trying to find a different tire
Old 06-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #15
Calmer than you are
jmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al Tonter
jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madams View Post
The fuckin wear mileage. damn. Its called read between the lines. dumbass I just want a most aggresive all terrain in 33x12.50. Dont want bfg a/t or duratrac trying to find a different tire
Wow, someone has anger issues...

Back off the Moose, they guy was trying to clarify your question and provide you with his experience, which you asked for.

keep it up, you'll do well here at TW!

By the way, the MT/R is a mud terrain, not an all terrain...dumbass
Old 06-15-2011, 10:23 PM   #17
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madams View Post
Tears will dry. Derp.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #18
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
uh... did i miss something? if i had a question i would be happy to have moose chime in he actually knows what the hell he is talking about. why tear him down when he was trying to help
X2

If you want A/T why not the dynapro or something
Old 06-15-2011, 10:38 PM   #19
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Interco Boggers is the tires you want. Damn near dont wear... and they are super quite. Aggressive tread too. But the mtr/kevlar are nice. Friend has them on his jeep. He loves them.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:41 PM   #20
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamikez View Post
Interco Boggers is the tires you want. Damn near dont wear... and they are super quite. Aggressive tread too. But the mtr/kevlar are nice. Friend has them on his jeep. He loves them.
haha x2 i had these on my old nissan hardbody and they where awesome! really a smooth riding tire, but it looks super duper "aggressive" this guy totally needs these tires! they are the best all terrain out there