Notices

will tires fit stock rims??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2011, 10:45 PM   #1
Mexicutioner is on a distinguished road
Name: Joel
Mexicutioner's Tacoma Gallery
will tires fit stock rims??

looking into some general grabbers red label 285/75r16, wondering if they will fit on stock 2nd gen off road wheels...??

-thanks

edit: just put them on thought i would show you guys!! waiting on some spidertrax 1.25" other than that they look great. dont see a whole lot of guys running this tire
Attached Thumbnails
will tires fit stock rims??-dsc00929.jpg   will tires fit stock rims??-dsc00930.jpg   will tires fit stock rims??-dsc00931.jpg  
Old 06-15-2011, 10:55 PM   #5
If i asked my dad for money, He'd knock me out
Bfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Bfoster133's Tacoma Gallery
yes they will fit on the rim, no they wont fit your truck unless you lift 3"

EDIT------
saw that post after ^^
Old 06-15-2011, 10:55 PM   #6
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
You will need wheel spacers.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #7
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicutioner View Post
looking into some general grabbers red label 285/75r16, wondering if they will fit on stock 2nd gen off road wheels...??

-thanks
Technically they'll fit on the TRD-OR wheels, though it is recommended to have a wider wheel for those tires... Jeep guys have been pulling it off for years on the narrower wheels.

Those tires will rub your UCAs on stock wheels, as is. You'll need to get Spidetraxx wheel spacers or aftermarket UCAs. to solve that. Plus, if you not lifted, it will rub the crap out of your fenders...
Old 06-15-2011, 11:01 PM   #9
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Guys run 285"s on stock wheels all the time I was confused to. Did you do a search on this?
Old 06-15-2011, 11:04 PM   #11
Street glide or die

Should be man. I know there are guys running 285's on stock wheels with spacers. That is what I'm going to do and the same spacers you said.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:05 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamikez View Post
Guys run 285"s on stock wheels all the time I was confused to. Did you do a search on this?
yeah i seen on the general tire website that the 285/75r16 is i guess u can say "recommended" that the rim be 7.5"-9.0" in width but the stock off road rim is only 7.0" so wasnt too sure if they were compatible
Old 06-15-2011, 11:06 PM   #13
Street glide or die

Quote:
yeah i seen on the general tire website that the 285/75r16 is i guess u can say "recommended" that the rim be 7.5"-9.0" in width but the stock off road rim is only 7.0" so wasnt too sure if they were compatible
I thought the offroad rim was 7.5" wide. Mhmm let me check.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:07 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
Technically they'll fit on the TRD-OR wheels, though it is recommended to have a wider wheel for those tires... Jeep guys have been pulling it off for years on the narrower wheels.

Those tires will rub your UCAs on stock wheels, as is. You'll need to get Spidetraxx wheel spacers or aftermarket UCAs. to solve that. Plus, if you not lifted, it will rub the crap out of your fenders...
no real advantages or dis advantages to this?? that the jeeps run narrower rims
Old 06-15-2011, 11:08 PM   #15
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
265-75-16 is the largest size tire you can run on a stock truck. awesome name btw lol
Joey beltran?
Old 06-15-2011, 11:08 PM   #16
Street glide or die

You get a more baloon style look. My buddy has 8" wide rims with 12.5" tires.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:10 PM   #18
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
im pretty sure the stock steelies are 16x7 and the trd OR wheels are 16x8
Old 06-15-2011, 11:15 PM   #20
Street glide or die

Quote:
shouldnt be too bad then huh??
I think you will be ok. I mean its what I am going to do, and im not worried.