Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

black fj cruiser wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
black fj cruiser wheels

i want really bad to buy a set of these for my new set up i had been going bck and forth wanting to get the t/x pro wheels, but i finally made up my mind i must have these for the new set up lol. the only problem is i need a vin number to make the purchase i have a friend that is a gm in an auto group that has a toyota dealership he tried pulling some strings on my behalf as did some other guy's that i know there, but to no avail. this is the last piece to my puzzle as it is, these need to go on my truck i the worst way. if any of you mofo's can lend a hand with this let me know as i have an in for the t/x pro wheels and could possibly help with ordering a set fuck toyota on this one it's so very ghey that they are not selling wheels when people go into a dealership with cash in hand i have no idea what they are thinking? and it's messing up my shit now. thanks tw for any help or advice you can give.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #4
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i'm not going to spray paint wheels myself especially not new wheels i just bought. and i def thought about powder coating but i can't even get the center cap from the black wheels to finish them and not before anyone says it i'm not spray painting that either lol. factory trd wheels are hard to powder coat properly omf told me they could not say for sure if i sent them new wheels they would have complete success powder coating! those guy's make nice stuff and there paint guy has been doing that stuff on wheels for like 40 years. so it's not that simple. the paint job on most after market wheels leaves alot to be desired imho. factory paint is much more durable and generally much nicer looking. i have the cash fucking toyota just won't let a set go no matter what! this is the single most stupid fucking idea i have ever heard of from a major auto manufacture. the factory rep told me there was a stop sale on them and they are vin# dependent because they want the wheel to get this remain "exclusive" my shit almost came out side ways!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:29 PM   #6

there are literally thousands of them on the ground in my state alone! it would kill them to release five of them. i have worked in the automotive business for as long as i can remember and i have never seen a situation like this that a gm and the regional parts director could not sort out before. so to recap you can not buy the black style of baja wheel, the black trd wheel off of the fj and the black trd wheel off of the t/x pro!! it's like oh ok reject a cash sale of over a thousand dollars and send me to the aftermarket to buy wheels. i like toyota and i think they make a great product and there customer service has always been good, but this is just flat out a pain in my ass. i pulled out all the stops for this shit i spent a couple of hours on the phone escalating the issue i involved many people at the dealership level and they just won't budge.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:37 PM   #8
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
you should add spacer in your posts lol each post is like a mini novel

try adding some space so its easier to read lol
Old 06-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #9
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
wow...

I was going to post a "u mad?" meme but I think the OP might actually climb through my computer and kill me
Old 06-16-2011, 09:40 PM   #10
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
CALM. THE. FUCK. DOWN.
No one gives a shit.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:41 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
They are just rims.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #13
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
and maybe add a few commas and period because i think that your posts are ok and if i try real real hard i can understand but the format just gets me and im kinda tired so the words and lines kind of blend together and i agree with you that what toyota does with the wheels is dumb but i guess it sells the trucks because some people like being able to have something that no one else does but i still dont think its right and if you have cash you should be able to buy what you want so if toyota doesnt want your money you may be able to buy aftermarket replicas for cheaper and get them powder coated for the same price as the originals. youd figure toyota would realize that sftermarket companies are making money that toyota could be since they wont sell the tires so you spend the money elsewhere when they could be the ones capitalizing.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #14

yeah yeah... i'm kind of pissed right now i just don't get. i wanted to run a 16 inch rim this time around and i can't really go aftermarket because none really fit our trucks as far as i know there is like 2 or 3 wheels that fit and not a one of them do anything for me. sorry for the wall o text.

i really did not want to tell the story again, but i thought given who i know and what i did to make this happen and they still stonewalled me it deserved its own thread.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #15
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
You are not looking hard enough. A lot of 16 inch wheels fit. I'm probably going with the Pro Comp 7089 when I get new tires.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:47 PM   #16

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
coffee much?
Old 06-16-2011, 09:47 PM   #17
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
it deserved its own thread.
No, it didn't.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:52 PM   #19
Banned
Spray tan must have caffeine in it.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #20

oh and btw i ordered tires because my friend said he could do this for me so as of right now it looks like i have to refuse delivery on them and have the shipped clear back across the country because now i don't have wheels to mount hem on. i spent close to 5 grand today on shit for this build and this screwed things up a bit. not to mention all the time i spent the last two days talking to these fruit cakes. and everything seemed to be going so well lol