1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

black fj cruiser wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by stunt man hans, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Jun 16, 2011 at 8:48 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans [OP] DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    i want really bad to buy a set of these for my new set up i had been going bck and forth wanting to get the t/x pro wheels, but i finally made up my mind i must have these for the new set up lol. the only problem is i need a vin number to make the purchase i have a friend that is a gm in an auto group that has a toyota dealership he tried pulling some strings on my behalf as did some other guy's that i know there, but to no avail. this is the last piece to my puzzle as it is, these need to go on my truck i the worst way. if any of you mofo's can lend a hand with this let me know as i have an in for the t/x pro wheels and could possibly help with ordering a set :D fuck toyota on this one it's so very ghey that they are not selling wheels when people go into a dealership with cash in hand :confused: i have no idea what they are thinking? and it's messing up my shit now. thanks tw for any help or advice you can give.

2. Jun 16, 2011 at 8:51 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    i really did not want to buy replicas because i have heard first hand that they are difficult to powder coat something about the the way the trd wheels are painted at the factory. i would consider a set if they where painted by someone willing to back up there work.

3. Jun 16, 2011 at 8:52 PM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    Buy the silvet ones and rattle can em or powder coat.

4. Jun 16, 2011 at 9:20 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    i'm not going to spray paint wheels myself especially not new wheels i just bought. and i def thought about powder coating but i can't even get the center cap from the black wheels to finish them and not before anyone says it i'm not spray painting that either lol. factory trd wheels are hard to powder coat properly omf told me they could not say for sure if i sent them new wheels they would have complete success powder coating! those guy's make nice stuff and there paint guy has been doing that stuff on wheels for like 40 years. so it's not that simple. the paint job on most after market wheels leaves alot to be desired imho. factory paint is much more durable and generally much nicer looking. i have the cash fucking toyota just won't let a set go no matter what! this is the single most stupid fucking idea i have ever heard of from a major auto manufacture. the factory rep told me there was a stop sale on them and they are vin# dependent because they want the wheel to get this remain "exclusive" my shit almost came out side ways!

5. Jun 16, 2011 at 9:29 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    there are literally thousands of them on the ground in my state alone! it would kill them to release five of them. i have worked in the automotive business for as long as i can remember and i have never seen a situation like this that a gm and the regional parts director could not sort out before. so to recap you can not buy the black style of baja wheel, the black trd wheel off of the fj and the black trd wheel off of the t/x pro!! it's like oh ok reject a cash sale of over a thousand dollars and send me to the aftermarket to buy wheels. i like toyota and i think they make a great product and there customer service has always been good, but this is just flat out a pain in my ass. i pulled out all the stops for this shit i spent a couple of hours on the phone escalating the issue i involved many people at the dealership level and they just won't budge.

6. Jun 16, 2011 at 9:33 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    end rant.. i can usually handle stuff like this pretty good, but when someone who is this interested and causes so much of a disturbance trying to get something it's like why not just sell it to them and make the customer some what happy? its not like i was trying to buy a fucking lamborghini wheel to put on my truck its off of a fucking fj give me a break.

7. Jun 16, 2011 at 9:37 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    you should add spacer in your posts lol each post is like a mini novel

try adding some space so its easier to read lol

8. Jun 16, 2011 at 9:38 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    wow...

I was going to post a "u mad?" meme but I think the OP might actually climb through my computer and kill me

9. Jun 16, 2011 at 9:42 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    OP

Hit Enter a couple times

10. Jun 16, 2011 at 9:44 PM
    Yoytoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Vehicle:
    completely stock
    and maybe add a few commas and period because i think that your posts are ok and if i try real real hard i can understand but the format just gets me and im kinda tired so the words and lines kind of blend together and i agree with you that what toyota does with the wheels is dumb but i guess it sells the trucks because some people like being able to have something that no one else does but i still dont think its right and if you have cash you should be able to buy what you want so if toyota doesnt want your money you may be able to buy aftermarket replicas for cheaper and get them powder coated for the same price as the originals. youd figure toyota would realize that sftermarket companies are making money that toyota could be since they wont sell the tires so you spend the money elsewhere when they could be the ones capitalizing.

:p

11. Jun 16, 2011 at 9:44 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    yeah yeah... i'm kind of pissed right now i just don't get. i wanted to run a 16 inch rim this time around and i can't really go aftermarket because none really fit our trucks as far as i know there is like 2 or 3 wheels that fit and not a one of them do anything for me. sorry for the wall o text.

i really did not want to tell the story again, but i thought given who i know and what i did to make this happen and they still stonewalled me it deserved its own thread.

12. Jun 16, 2011 at 9:47 PM
    Yoytoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Vehicle:
    completely stock
    coffee much?

13. Jun 16, 2011 at 9:47 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    You got your lift on yet ?

14. Jun 16, 2011 at 9:58 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    oh and btw i ordered tires because my friend said he could do this for me so as of right now it looks like i have to refuse delivery on them and have the shipped clear back across the country because now i don't have wheels to mount hem on. i spent close to 5 grand today on shit for this build and this screwed things up a bit. not to mention all the time i spent the last two days talking to these fruit cakes. and everything seemed to be going so well lol

15. Jun 16, 2011 at 10:03 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Good luck Hans!
    :thumbsup:

16. Jun 16, 2011 at 10:05 PM
    Yoytoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Vehicle:
    completely stock
    wait so your shipping tires back because you cant figure out what wheels you want? if your going to wheel why not get some wheeler's steelies

17. Jun 16, 2011 at 10:05 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    He's talking himself through it .

18. Jun 16, 2011 at 10:10 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    its a public forum i know i'm at the mercy of you guy's now, but be easy on me will ya.

no the lift is getting installed on the 24th and since they are almost 2hrs away i was going to have them do everything in one shot so i didn't have to drive back up. they only work on 4x4's so this is the only place that will get under my truck besides the dealership. they have all the equipment and know how to hopefully put everything together correctly the first time. i just want him to have what he needs to do it.

19. Jun 16, 2011 at 10:19 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    i actually started this thread to see if i was actually missing something here. i searched all around and i can't find these wheels any where there is a set on ebay for like 1,800 dollars full retail at shoptrd.com is like 670 for the whole set. and as far as my options go i did not want to run a steel wheel. i have looked around and searched which wheels will fit i just don't really like them. look the whole point was to get the wheels i actually liked. i worked with the gm for over 10 years when he said he would get it done i thought he would get it done i know this guy its not his fault it actually happens to be toyota and just a really dumb policy they have enacted for some reason or another.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  20. Jun 16, 2011 at 10:22 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Hit enter , please

I'm getting a headache trying to read this thread

Products Discussed in

To Top