Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

largest rim size?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
kidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to behold
Name: Simon
kidrockcrawler's Tacoma Gallery
largest rim size?

I have a 2011 Tacoma TRD and I want to put some new rims on it the 16s aren't cutting it in the style department I looked at some mammoth rims that were on a tundra can I run 20 inch rims stock? Or even 18s?? What's the largest rim I can run stock? And What mods would I have to do to fit 20 inch rims?
Old 06-20-2011, 01:57 PM   #3
kidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to behold
You mind posting a pic? My truck isn't four wheel drive so I'm trying to avoid messing with the suspensionthe mammoth 20 inches are sweet but I don't even know if you can get a low profile all terrain.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #6
All go, No show
Davtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Davtopgun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrockcrawler View Post
You mind posting a pic? My truck isn't four wheel drive so I'm trying to avoid messing with the suspensionthe mammoth 20 inches are sweet but I don't even know if you can get a low profile all terrain.
Click on my name, the view public profile and look through my gallery. Not many pictures there but you get an idea. Personally, i wouldn't go any bigger then 18's. Sometimes, i wish i had went with 16's or 17's because even 18's seem to big. But all in all, i love the way they look on my truck, i believe i have it at the point of not to much and not to little.

But that's just me, to each his own. If you want to do 20's, go for it but i think you're right about finding low profile A/T tires. You'll basically be stuck with street tires.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:19 PM   #7
thanks man i went and talked to a guy at the tire store he said i could do 20s i just needed the right backspacing. i think i might go 18s just so i can get a decent tire. btw great looking truck looks sweet.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #8
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
20's will fit with no lift no prob
Old 06-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #10
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Taco 22 View Post
big rims are gay
no need to be a douche
Old 06-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #11
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
no kiddin, he asked a question. not to get flamed. maybe he dont take his truck offroad, and wants somethin that looks good. i have 18's on my 4wd, with 33's and i plan on puttin 20's on my x runner, this place is startin to sound more like ttora. so honestly if you dont have anything helpful, constructive or nice to say then stay the hell out of the thread.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:13 PM   #12
I'm not talking about massive chrome rims I just want an off-road look since I don't plan on leaving the pavement. No need to get personal haha
Old 06-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #13
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

where at in the south are you located?, if you dont mind me asking and there are plenty of rims in 18's and 20's that are rugged looking and tough. Ive beat the hell out of the 18's on mine and they have never missed a beat.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #14
I live in Mississippi. Just outside of hattiesburg
Old 06-20-2011, 04:38 PM   #16
98_mud_bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrockcrawler View Post
I live in Mississippi. Just outside of hattiesburg
no shit? lol im only a hour away then.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #17
Small world Haha