Notices

Chop/Cut/Trim

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
Snorinlorin
snorinlorin is on a distinguished road

snorinlorin's Tacoma Gallery
Chop/Cut/Trim

Hey guys, I'm sure there is a post on here somewhere with the answer,but I can't seem to find it, I have a 2011 DC Sport with a OME 3" lift, and 1.25 spidertrax wheel spacers.I want to mount P 285/70/17 BFG Rugged Terrain T/A's on my stock rims. My question is. Will I still need to cut the cab mounts when using the wheel spacers?
Thanks in advance.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
Twat did you say?
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
You may or may not some people get away with just taking the mudflaps off, others have to trip some and then some have to do the cab chop, if you do alot of off roading and flexing then you probably will want to...
Old 06-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
You shouldnt have to chop the cab mounts. You will mostly likely have to remove the front mud flaps and do some minor to moderate trimming around your front fenders. Its easy and can be done with a simple dremel.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #4
Snorinlorin
snorinlorin is on a distinguished road

snorinlorin's Tacoma Gallery
I don't do a lot of off roading, a trip to deer camp couple times a year. Other than that pretty much pavement,of coarse paved roads here in Maine are like camp roads elsewhere
Old 06-20-2011, 02:44 PM   #5
Twat did you say?
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
then you should be fine without the chop....