Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Procomp 7089 Center caps don't fit

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
tooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
tooth sleuth's Tacoma Gallery
Procomp 7089 Center caps don't fit

So, got the procomps installed at the dealer (great service experience so far) with my new duratracs (265/75/16). They told me the center caps wont fit. They couldn't get the caps to fit over the hubs. Called procomp and they said occasionally some of the tacoma have a discrepancy of 3/1000 inch on the axle that make the center caps not fit. Anyone else had this issue or heard of this? I believe that the mechanics at the dealer are competent although they don't have much experience with aftermarket components. They also replaced a torn CV boot (warrantied) and I think the alignment is off, would replacing that affect the alignment? Thanks for any input
Old 06-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #2
ERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
easy fix. I had the same problem with my procomps. Simply get rid of the rubber ring around the center cap that helps to hold it to the wheel. Itll be a tight fit but it will work.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:09 AM   #4
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
We have some metal caps available in both chrome and black that fit great.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:01 AM   #5
motoxmann is on a distinguished road
motoxmann's Tacoma Gallery
The shop that mounted my 7089's told me the same thing. The caps are definitely very tight on the hub but they'll fit. I had to put the cap inside the wheel, then line up the bolts, and tighten the lugs down to force the cap on.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #6
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah i had the same problem with my 7089's as well. Very tight fit on the hub. We just lined the cap up as best as possible and gently tapped it on with a 2x4. After a little persuasion they went on.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #7
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxmann View Post
The shop that mounted my 7089's told me the same thing. The caps are definitely very tight on the hub but they'll fit. I had to put the cap inside the wheel, then line up the bolts, and tighten the lugs down to force the cap on.
this!
i had these rims before i got another set and you have to remove the wheel and put them on through the inside, they will NOT fit if you bolt the rims and then try putting them on, goodluck and post some pics
Old 06-25-2011, 07:20 AM   #9
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Mine barely fit, had to use a rubber mallet to gently fit them on. Now they are pretty much stuck on there. Whenever I remove the wheels I just leave the center caps on and wrap painters tape around the cap so they dint scratch when sliding the wheel off.