Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Pics needed very badly!!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
kidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to behold
Name: Simon
kidrockcrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Pics needed very badly!!

I need to see pics of 18 inch rims on stock suspension and even 20s on stock suspension as well. Really want to see 18 inch rims with big as you can go tires on stock suspension. Trying to decide what rims to get Please help!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
The biggest tires you can fit with stock suspension would probably be 33" tires. You could possibly go bigger if you did a lot of trimming..
Old 06-20-2011, 06:06 PM   #3
kidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to behold
Name: Simon
kidrockcrawler's Tacoma Gallery
I just want bigger rims and tires the 16s stock look real small and I want to avoid a lift if at all possible.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #4
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
get 17" with 265
Old 06-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #5
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: National Strike Force
mjohn617's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
The biggest tires you can fit with stock suspension would probably be 33" tires. You could possibly go bigger if you did a lot of trimming..

33", are sure about that?
Old 06-20-2011, 06:16 PM   #6
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
get 17" with 265
That is what I have on mine but I would like to step up to 18's
Old 06-20-2011, 06:18 PM   #7
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
last i heard, 265s were the largest for a stock 2nd gen with NO rubbing..
Old 06-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #9
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
18" would look funny. That size rim belongs on a car.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:22 PM   #10
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
The only way I can put 18s on a truck is with 35" tires..
Old 06-20-2011, 06:22 PM   #11
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I'm just wanting to fill in my wheel wells a little bit more.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:22 PM   #12
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: National Strike Force
mjohn617's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrockcrawler View Post
I just want bigger rims and tires the 16s stock look real small and I want to avoid a lift if at all possible.

It's not that hard man, go to the tire size calculator and put the stock specs in....you should have around a 30.6" overall size. Stick to that size...that's it. If you want a bigger rim, plug it in to the formula and play with it till you find the tire you want.

EDIT: Go outside and get your specs, I see a 245/75/16 for your truck. If that's the case your probably not going to fit a 20" rim. Get some info for us and we will do YOUR HOMEWORK FOR YOU!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:27 PM   #13
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
I'm just wanting to fill in my wheel wells a little bit more.
Then get bigger tires, not rims.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:30 PM   #14
WORD!?!
tacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tacoman355's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Then get bigger tires, not rims.
x2
Old 06-20-2011, 06:34 PM   #15
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
265/50/20

On my 05

18's on my 03
Old 06-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #16
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

is the goal to be Bro/mall crawling?
Old 06-20-2011, 06:39 PM   #17
Will The Thrill

Quote:
is the goal to be Bro/mall crawling?
For me yes the only off roading my truck will see is to get to fishing or hunting spots which usually aren't more than 2-3 inches of mud and a few decent hills which I can make it up fine muddy or not.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:41 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
For me yes the only off roading my truck will see is to get to fishing or hunting spots which usually aren't more than 2-3 inches of mud and a few decent hills which I can make it up fine muddy or not.
ok gotcha just checking, not trying to be rude or anything. You find any rims you like yet?
Old 06-20-2011, 07:01 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
265/50/20

That actually looks pretty good.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:31 PM   #20
Will The Thrill

Quote:
ok gotcha just checking, not trying to be rude or anything. You find any rims you like yet?
Don't worry about it I don't offend very easily thanks to growing up hearing impared, and I would love to have some TRD Anthracite.