Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

CAB Mount Chop - Need help!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
mxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
mxnborder's Tacoma Gallery
CAB Mount Chop - Partially done now!

Hey so i am going to do the cab mount chop on my tacoma today, looking for any insight or pictures that would be helpful, any process pictures would be great or just a run down on the project, .. any help would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
CAB Mount Chop - Need help!-trkk.jpg  
Old 06-21-2011, 09:31 AM   #3
mxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
HAHAHA damn you are computer savvy! i already did that and was to lazy to try to find a good write-up instead of just random pictures of done ones! and i needed to give the hardcore TW members something to help with since we are all bored at work
Old 06-21-2011, 09:40 AM   #4
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
lol All in all its pretty simple. 4" angle grinder with cutoff wheel does the job nicely. I have only ever cut enough that it did not cut into the bottom hole that accesses the body mount.

Bored at work, hell yes.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
lol All in all its pretty simple. 4" angle grinder with cutoff wheel does the job nicely. I have only ever cut enough that it did not cut into the bottom hole that accesses the body mount.

Bored at work, hell yes.
Yeah it seems easy enough if you are handy with grinders welders etc but i saw some people posting that theirs cost like 3-400 at a shop and was wondering if i was missing something like putting new muffler bearings or blinker fluid in at the same time
Old 06-21-2011, 09:53 AM   #6
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe u should head out to the next kr fab modd day
Old 06-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #7
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
If you were further north I would do your cab mount chop for free.

If I screwed it up, then I would know not to do mine. If I was to do mine, I think I would just angle grind/cut the stuff out. Talk about a great way to piss off the neighbors.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Here's mine:

very clean, you do it yourself?
Old 06-22-2011, 09:23 PM   #9
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
I just did mine today. Real easy: 4" grinder w/cutoff wheel, took all of 20min (after looking at a bunch of others photos on TW). Get a grease pen, draw what you're going to cut out, put on safety glasses and get busy.

I didn't even have to take wheel off, just clocked the steering wheel all the way, made enough room. Today was just the cut, I'll box them in next time I feel like working on the truck... will definitely need to get it up on jacks for that part.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:33 PM   #10
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
plasma cutter ftw . doing mine when i get home, as the shop called and said it was rubbing on my 33x12.5
Old 07-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #11

Here are a few crappy phone pics of my progress that might help others. . i didnt cut it all the way back to the frame since the wheel only rubbed in the spot closer to the outside edge.

First used a cut off wheel cuz i couldnt find the plasma at work for a while , then cut the top with the plasma and folded it back and off.

View from bottom: i haven't welded the plate on it yet i was ready for dinner so i left that for another day