Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Red accent on wheel opinion?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
SRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of light

SRFIVE's Tacoma Gallery
Red accent on wheel opinion?

I wish my wheels had come with a red stripe or accent around the lip.
I was thinking of machining in a (very) light groove and filling it in with red paint. CorelDraw below, what do you think?

Any other way to do it?

Old 10-12-2008, 05:23 PM   #2
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
maybe a polished lip?
Old 10-12-2008, 05:25 PM   #4
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Heres a pic konig countersteers with a red lip
Old 10-12-2008, 05:49 PM   #5
SongDog is on a distinguished road

SongDog's Tacoma Gallery
RED w/RED on SOCALMAN22 looks GREAT in my opinion. Go for it!
Old 10-12-2008, 05:50 PM   #6
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
I think that's sharp. Just enough to catch attention but not enough to be gaudy-bling-ish.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:54 PM   #7
SRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of light

SRFIVE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Heres a pic konig countersteers with a red lip
That's the look I am after, OK, you've convinced me, any other pics? Maybe from the side?
Like the dual step nerf bar too!! What kind is that? THX!
Old 10-12-2008, 06:00 PM   #8
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

those are n-fab side steps i will give you a link to his pics
Old 10-12-2008, 06:06 PM   #9
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Here ya go
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...r/5762/cat/500
there is really no side pics i tried toyotanation and same pics trhere too.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:07 PM   #10
Founder Socaltacomas.com

No way i hate red with a passion no offense to others just red is not my color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SongDog View Post
RED w/RED on SOCALMAN22 looks GREAT in my opinion. Go for it!
Old 10-15-2008, 10:08 AM   #11
sooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nice
sooner02r1's Tacoma Gallery
I think it looks good too. Get some red pinstriping tape from pepboys, or they are really popular on motorcycles too so I'm sure you could find some on motorcycle parts sites. Don't paint on that teflon, that would be a crime!
Old 11-01-2008, 07:29 PM   #12

SRFIVE's Tacoma Gallery
Update

I added the red accent to my American Racing ATX wheels today. I started by lifting the truck, then I borrowed a machine tool, had my wife spin the wheel by hand, and with a steady hand machined a 3/16" groove in each of the wheels. Not really deep, but enough to take the Teflon coating off. Next I painted the groove red, while again slowly spinning the wheel. It's what I was after, just breaks up the black wheel black tire thing I had going.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:37 PM   #13
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Well Done!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:48 PM   #15
NoWayOut is on a distinguished road
NoWayOut's Tacoma Gallery
Would love to see a black truck with black wheels and the red strip like that.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:56 PM   #16
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
looking great
Old 11-04-2008, 04:58 PM   #17
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Awsome job!!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #18

SRFIVE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
Would love to see a black truck with black wheels and the red strip like that.
Graphics programs are a wonderful thing (hope cclax2145 doesn't mind)...

Old 11-04-2008, 05:07 PM   #19
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Looks freaking awesome SRFIVE!