20 inch wheels, not so easy install...but damn I like how it looks

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2008, 11:03 PM   #1
Gen3Benz is on a distinguished road
Gen3Benz's Tacoma Gallery
20 inch wheels, not so easy install...but damn I like how it looks

20X9 KMC Backseat

I ordered the wheels from ebay with a 78mm bore....oops
The hub sticks out ~11mm but I could not bore the wheel out that deep or it would hit the wheel spokes.....so my buddy made spacers from 1/4 aluminum plate....

Then bored out the wheel to 106mm, 6mm deep....giving a total of ~12-13mm depth when the spacer is installed with the 6 mounting screws.

I did a 3" AAL lift and installed 15mm longer wheel studs to account for the thicker wheels and spacers.

A bit harder than just a bolt on....but I think it looks good.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:04 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man!
Old 10-13-2008, 08:07 AM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
sweet Look! Nice work
Old 10-13-2008, 06:47 PM   #5
Thanks
No one hates it....yet
Old 10-13-2008, 06:53 PM   #6
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Not a fan of 20" wheels, but it don't look bad on your truck. Far more classy than most 20" wheels I see lately.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:04 PM   #8
hate2work will become famous soon enoughhate2work will become famous soon enough
hate2work's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 07:50 PM   #9
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
how is the handling? accelerations and stopping?...btw, they look good on your truck for some reason...
Old 10-13-2008, 08:52 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by it's in coma View Post
how is the handling? accelerations and stopping?...btw, they look good on your truck for some reason...
Handles better
Notice a little bit sluggish out of the hole, but not too bad
Braking feels the same.
Pulled my 2000+ lb ski and trailer over 400 miles and it had zero problems.
Wheels and spacers are hub-centric and balanced together, no problems.
I do have a bit more annoying bump steer than before the lift, I had it aligned the next day.
Are any correction kits available?
Maybe drop the center link a little to correct the tie-rod angle.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:09 PM   #11
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
You gonna take that off-roading at all? Hope not! What's with the little dent above the rear wheel on the passenger side. Sorry I noticed it.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:10 PM   #12
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
PS...I do like the white!
Old 10-13-2008, 10:29 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
You gonna take that off-roading at all? Hope not! What's with the little dent above the rear wheel on the passenger side. Sorry I noticed it.
good eye.
Yeah thats a dent.
I go offroad quite a bit....but do dirt roads count?
Its 2wd, they are made for asphalt anyways...haha

Oh, all my vehicles are white....white is right...haha
Please dont pull the race card
Old 10-13-2008, 10:31 PM   #14
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
I agree here. Personally, I don't like wheels bigger than 17", but at least yours aren't ghetto fabulous... Good choice.
+1
Old 11-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #15
Now I need to find some 20's for my trailer....

Old 11-08-2008, 06:30 PM   #16
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen3Benz View Post
Thanks
No one hates it....yet

I won't say they are hott, but they sure could be worse.

It doesn't matter what we think anyways, only if you like 'em man.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:51 PM   #17
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen3Benz View Post
Now I need to find some 20's for my trailer....

sweet pic!!
Old 11-09-2008, 08:55 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
sweet pic!!
Thanks
I had just got done washing the truck and the ski...then it rained today....oh well
Old 11-09-2008, 09:34 PM   #19
There go my nipples again!
Dilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shawn
Dilsky's Tacoma Gallery
Nice set up. I just bought my truck and it had 20 inch rims on it already. Do you have any problmes with rubbing? Mine rub a little when I turn the wheel to the max, but i have learned to live with it.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilsky View Post
Do you have any problmes with rubbing?
I cut out some of the inner fender trim at the bottom front .
Also trimmed a little bit from the fender flare...near the front....all the way on the inside....very small amount....no rubbing