Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

finally....decided on tires!!!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-29-2007, 05:49 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Question finally....decided on tires!!!

truck's needing new shoes, and ive been debating for a while. bridgestone dueler a/t revo's, or goodyear wrangler silent armors??!! ive decided to go with the goodyears! tread looks awesome, awesome reviews on tirerack.com also!!
now, my only problem is.....black walls out, or raised white letters out??
ive always went with white letters out, but im thinking it may be time for a change. opinions,suggestions?? thanks!!
Old 05-29-2007, 06:41 PM   #2
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
i believe the goodyear are outlined raised white or bsl. personally i like the bsl, but the owl looks better than solid white.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:19 PM   #3
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
i believe the goodyear are outlined raised white or bsl. personally i like the bsl, but the owl looks better than solid white.

outlined raised white letter is what i meant to say, still cant decide though!!
Old 05-30-2007, 03:34 AM   #4
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Go with the OWL and you will have to keep those letters clean, BUT it will look really good when they are clean. I am a black letter guy for one reason: rocks/curbs. Once you hit one and mess up your lettering, that is the end of the game. I still like the outlined white lettering the best, though.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Go with the OWL and you will have to keep those letters clean, BUT it will look really good when they are clean. I am a black letter guy for one reason: rocks/curbs. Once you hit one and mess up your lettering, that is the end of the game. I still like the outlined white lettering the best, though.

i was thinking black walls on the outside would look cool on my silver prerunner, but white letters do look pretty good too. and a good way to advertise some good tires. guess ill make up my mind in the next couple of weeks!! then ill post pics of my new shoes!!
Old 05-30-2007, 01:52 PM   #6
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i was thinking black walls on the outside would look cool on my silver prerunner, but white letters do look pretty good too. and a good way to advertise some good tires. guess ill make up my mind in the next couple of weeks!! then ill post pics of my new shoes!!
Sounds great!
Old 05-30-2007, 05:27 PM   #7

are we allowed to put up something for sale on this forum?? if so, wheres the best place to put it?? just wondering, because when i get my new tires,im doin all 5, and ill have the spare for sale. its the bfg rugged trail, size p265/70/16,.........just incase anyone was wondering, prolly sell it for like $75(brand new, never been on truck), unless thats too high!!
Old 05-31-2007, 06:34 AM   #8
I dub thee malicious!

Here you go... Buy/Sell/Trade
Old 05-31-2007, 02:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Here you go... Buy/Sell/Trade

thanks, 007!! much appreciated!!
Old 06-01-2007, 05:17 AM   #10
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
thanks, 007!! much appreciated!!
No Problem!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:00 AM   #11
Critter is on a distinguished road

Critter's Tacoma Gallery
GO to Tire Rack.com they got scads of tires with ratings on all! It's a very good site to visit when looking for tires!
Old 06-06-2007, 01:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
GO to Tire Rack.com they got scads of tires with ratings on all! It's a very good site to visit when looking for tires!

i did,and its one of the reasons im going with the silent armors, tire was rated #2 out of 20 tires......very impressive, plus i like the treads and reviews!!
Old 06-07-2007, 03:04 AM   #13
Critter is on a distinguished road

Critter's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Kumho Tires

Quote:
i did,and its one of the reasons im going with the silent armors, tire was rated #2 out of 20 tires......very impressive, plus i like the treads and reviews!!
You know tires I've bought lately for wife's CR-V if you research Kumho on Tire Rack Reviews for the money $$$$ they are excellent buy. Real close to Top of the Line Tires and half the cost! When I replace these OEM baloney skins (Dunlops) I'm going to look real hard at Kumho's in the 265/70-16 they give bang for the buck$$$$! Thats IMHO!
Old 06-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
You know tires I've bought lately for wife's CR-V if you research Kumho on Tire Rack Reviews for the money $$$$ they are excellent buy. Real close to Top of the Line Tires and half the cost! When I replace these OEM baloney skins (Dunlops) I'm going to look real hard at Kumho's in the 265/70-16 they give bang for the buck$$$$! Thats IMHO!

kumho does make a pretty good tire.....which one are you going with?? i think probably any one you pick will be worlds better than those "dun-flops"....dont ever go with the bf goodrich rugged trails, these are what im getting rid of!! very sorry tire. good luck with the kumhos , and let me know which ones you are getting!!
Old 06-07-2007, 02:45 PM   #15
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
tacomaman06..... i have the silent armors. read my post in the buy/sale/trade forum. thanx
Old 06-07-2007, 06:05 PM   #16

Quote:
tacomaman06..... i have the silent armors. read my post in the buy/sale/trade forum. thanx

i responded earlier in that post dude. im sticking with my 16in wheels, and im going with 265/75/16's. if i had 20's.....id buy them from ya!!
Old 06-08-2007, 03:15 PM   #17
`

rick's Tacoma Gallery
yes i saw, sorry
Old 06-08-2007, 05:24 PM   #18

Quote:
yes i saw, sorry
thats cool man....seriously, if i had 20"s, id definitely get them!!!