Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

2011 TRD DC tire choice: which All Terrain fits my needs best???

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
jwterry3 is on a distinguished road
jwterry3's Tacoma Gallery
2011 TRD DC tire choice: which All Terrain fits my needs best???

Just picked up a 2011 TRD DC 4x4 etc....one of the things I plan to do first off is bigger tires as I have had Rugged Trail's before and hated them. For now I am going to go up to a 265/75/16 (or biggest size I can get on stock) as I will be staying stock in wheel and suspension.

Here is what I need:

-Main goal is a tougher look..taller/more agressive etc
-Must be All Terrain as I do drive on highway alot..so quiet is something to think about as well
-Needs a more aggressive tread than the Rugged Trail's b/c I well be "off road" while hunting wheelin etc
-I am considering: BFG AT's, Good year Dura Trac's, Nitto Terras...would love everyone s opinions

And I have worn out the search button
Old 06-26-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
Eh?
Dibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Dibblit's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook makes a good all terain tire that a lot of people seem to like.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
jwterry3 is on a distinguished road
jwterry3's Tacoma Gallery
Have seen those Hankook...also like the General Grabber At2's.

Basically looking for the most aggressively looking AT that can also run down the highway without a large humming sound.

Is 265 75 16 the only size I should be looking for to max out on stock suspension?
Old 06-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #4
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post
Have seen those Hankook...also like the General Grabber At2's.

Basically looking for the most aggressively looking AT that can also run down the highway without a large humming sound.

Is 265 75 16 the only size I should be looking for to max out on stock suspension?
Yes, I have up'd the stock size to 265/75-16 and not only it doesn't rub, but my speedometer is accurate instead of showing me going 67 when I am really doing 65!

Hankook's have been fantastic... for over 5,000 miles now (got them in Feb.) used them in snow, mud, sand and quiet on hwy. They are 'cheap', too...