Another "Help Me Choose" Tire Poll Thread

View Poll Results: Which tires?
Hankook Dynapro AT 12 66.67%
Cooper Discoverer ST 3 16.67%
Stick with the Dunlops and buy another handgun or something. 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Another "Help Me Choose" Tire Poll Thread

I'm trying to decide which tires to settle on. I've money to play with, but just enough to pick one or the other.

Dynapro

Discoverer S/T

I'm leaning towards the Dynapros, just because I can probably grab 5 of them without dipping into my own pocket, whereas I'd probably have to add some cash in to grab 5 of the discoverers. What do you guys think?

I have a work truck, so my tacoma isn't my daily driver. I play in the sand a lot, but I want to stick to an A/T because I obviously do a lot of driving on the street as well. I don't really need a M/T nor can I afford them right now.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:08 PM   #2
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
I voted Hankook. For your needs, and to save some coin, the H. Dynapro is a real good tire: I ran a set in the Mojave for a few months and only had to replace 1 tire (which is actually fairly impressive, Mojave kills tires).

I think the Cooper is a superior tire but might be a bit agressive for your needs.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #4
neoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neoflex's Tacoma Gallery
For an A/T tire have you looked at the Terra Grappler? It handles everything from hard pack to sand with ease and gets great mileage. I got 50,000 out of the last set I owned.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerking View Post
I say Hankook. I have them on my truck and I'm very satisfied with them. They've handled everything I've been able to throw at them with ease. My only regret is not getting bigger ones!
x2

I feel the same way...I'd buy em again but I'll be going with the General Red Labels next go round
Old 06-26-2011, 11:15 PM   #6
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
For an A/T tire have you looked at the Terra Grappler? It handles everything from hard pack to sand with ease and gets great mileage. I got 50,000 out of the last set I owned.
Yes, they're a little bit more expensive. In that price range I'd be more interested in the General Grabber AT2s or BF Goodrich All Terrain T/As.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #7
e money is on a distinguished road
e money's Tacoma Gallery
I've gotten about 40k on the coppers and they still are holding. In my experience on the beach, they don't do great job in the sand as mush as they do on other surfaces. Copper does have some other options out now.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #8
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Mickey thompson ATZ's. They're full of nothing but win.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:56 AM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I know a couple people that have had the Discoverer's and they said they loved them.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #10
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
I know a couple people that have had the Discoverer's and they said they loved them.
I looked into them heavily when selecting my tires. I heard nothing but good things about them, but went with the MT's instead.